TCL: 3L for no local dimming, 400 nits tv.

I hope hisence will not disappoint
Yes and no, they are bringing h8g it seems but very limited in reach since only one size option is available. And no higher end h9g, oled or qled is coming to india from them. Companies are taking indians for rides, because they can. After all we consider salman khan movies to be masterpieces. ✌️

Samsung Frame 2020 remains the set to get in mid-range. 550+ nits and 8000:1 native contrast is a pretty good deal. Just that it needs to be priced lower than FALDs.

As per the product page of 75 x915:
Local dimming. Yes(120zone)
Brightness (cd/m2)(typ.). 450nit(TYP)

Ah! Better, but brightness is still too low, especially when when compared to their 6 series in US.

Joke of a TV No dolby vision too on the 3L TV.
TCL X95 does support Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR 10. The brightness of 450 nits if at 100% window, then it's decent. As at 10%, 25% windows then it can go upto 800 nits.
Moreover we are getting 120 Zones FALD Televison(It may start other manufacturers or our own low standard A/V noob Youtubers to focus on real TV review parameters other than it can run netflix, jio tv etc) and 8k at 3Lacs at a size of 75".
All this opinion of mine is besides my reservations about TCL and Hisense as a company being completely State Owned(CCP ie Chinese Communist Party) looking at the current situation at border. But I do love A/V technology

TCL X95 does support Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR 10. The brightness of 450 nits if at 100% window, then it's decent. As at 10%, 25% windows then it can go upto 800 nits.
Moreover we are getting 120 Zones FALD Televison(It may start other manufacturers or our own low standard A/V noob Youtubers to focus on real TV review parameters other than it can run netflix, jio tv etc) and 8k at 3Lacs at a size of 75".
All this opinion of mine is besides my reservations about TCL and Hisense as a company being completely State Owned(CCP ie Chinese Communist Party) looking at the current situation at border. But I do love A/V technology
Apart from their X95(thier best Indian offering) other models likes C815, C715 are just utter trash even by 2018 standards let alone launching in 2020.
And for this Indian consumers and so called reviewers in India are responsible who just doesn't have an iota of knowledge of how to review Televisions. They don't count the dimming zones(which is pretty easy to do), don't measure Color Gamut, Brightness, Contrast ratio but just read from the promotion pamphlet or specs sheet. What TV review in India means is whether it can run Netflix, Jio Tv or not.

Last edited:
Samsung Frame 2020 remains the set to get in mid-range. 550+ nits and 8000:1 native contrast is a pretty good deal. Just that it needs to be priced lower than FALDs.

Samsung have already launched Samsung Frame 2020 TV range in India. Below are the prices.

Frame 50inch - ₹74990
Frame 55inch - ₹84990
Frame 65inch - ₹139990

Would be nice if the noobs out here can know which TV are we discussing here :)
The newly launched TCL X915 (https://www.tcl.com/in/en/products/x915/x915-75.html)

Though I daresay we should be discussing C815 here, as it is priced well and comparable to other mentioned TVs. X915 is just 8K gimmick at this point.

TCL C815 is 70K for 55 and 100k fo 65.
Samsung Frame is 85K for 55 and 140K for 65.
Hisense H8G is yet to reveal their pricing.

These three could battle it out in the midrange.

The newly launched TCL X915 (https://www.tcl.com/in/en/products/x915/x915-75.html)

Though I daresay we should be discussing C815 here, as it is priced well and comparable to other mentioned TVs. X915 is just 8K gimmick at this point.

TCL C815 is 70K for 55 and 100k fo 65.
Samsung Frame is 85K for 55 and 140K for 65.
Hisense H8G is yet to reveal their pricing.

These three could battle it out in the midrange.

There's no competition between Frame and C815. The TCL model is just another Chinese brand Indian launch; 400 nits or so and 4000:1 contrast ratio. Nothing special here. Frame 2020 has 8000:1 contrast ratio, which is among the highest native contrast ratio and brightness is also 550+ nits. H8G has slightly lower native contrast but similar brightness. So if H8G is launched in all sizes, it'll be the competition for Frame 2020. TCL's launch can be replaced with any other Chinese model..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back