Technics sb-a53 speakers

prepress

Dear friends,

Somebody is selling "Technics sb-a53" tower speakers (12" woofers X2, Midrange, Tweeter) 260 watt 8 ohm.

If somebody is using (or used) these speakers, I want to know about the performance review and what should be the best price if I buy these speakers for now.
It would be great help.

Thanks,
Dan

Dear friends,

Somebody is selling "Technics sb-a53" tower speakers (12" woofers X2, Midrange, Tweeter) 260 watt 8 ohm.

If somebody is using (or used) these speakers, I want to know about the performance review and what should be the best price if I buy these speakers for now.
It would be great help.

Thanks,
Dan

My honest opinion is to stay away. These speakers are junk. They used to be supplied as part of Technics hi-fi racks in the 1980s and are pretty much low-fi speakers with booming bass. The owners of these speakers usually ask for upwards of 15k to 20k, not worth the money.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
I have heard these speakers and found that in this budget (15-20K) it can be good quality (12"X2 woofer, midrange and soft dome tweeter/each speaker). We can't found this configuration in this budget, correct?

The bass was tight (not very low frequencies, only throw) seems like it should work great if we play in large area.

Thanks,
Dan

you're right about the configuration for the price. nobody sells 4 12 inch woofers on a 2-channel floorstander these days. there's a lot of personal preference attached to the perception of quality and hence, if these speakers sound good to your ear, you should go out and get them

Dear friends,

It would be great help.

Thanks,
Dan

Currently listening to them right now. I myself years ago searched online and decided to bite the bullet and buy these speakers. The guy at the bottom of this forum is correct, they don't resonate down to ridiculously low freq's, but then again, why the **** would you be trying to push 20-30hz out of a floor standing speaker, that's what your subwoofer is supposed to compensate for.

These guys pound so hard and absorb so much raw current from my kenwood that anything over -20db from 0 on the receiver and it goes into protect mode after 10-20 seconds at that volume. The kenwood just does not have the power to push these babys to the limit, and as such, I would recommend them so long as the price isn't more than $200. I paid $135 for the pair of mine in a pawn shop and they are AMAZING! Love them.

Oh yeah, and I registered to the forum just to tell you that as I saw this was posted just in October, I hope that you DID buy them. If so, then I shouldn't need to say anything, they're probably "Speakin" for themselves ;)

Enjoy!

Currently listening to them right now. I myself years ago searched online and decided to bite the bullet and buy these speakers. The guy at the bottom of this forum is correct, they don't resonate down to ridiculously low freq's, but then again, why the **** would you be trying to push 20-30hz out of a floor standing speaker, that's what your subwoofer is supposed to compensate for.

These guys pound so hard and absorb so much raw current from my kenwood that anything over -20db from 0 on the receiver and it goes into protect mode after 10-20 seconds at that volume. The kenwood just does not have the power to push these babys to the limit, and as such, I would recommend them so long as the price isn't more than $200. I paid $135 for the pair of mine in a pawn shop and they are AMAZING! Love them.

Oh yeah, and I registered to the forum just to tell you that as I saw this was posted just in October, I hope that you DID buy them. If so, then I shouldn't need to say anything, they're probably "Speakin" for themselves ;)

Enjoy!

Yeah, I had plan to buy these speakers but after reading its reviews and replies here (HF) I changed my mind for these speakers
*The seller was asking for 25K for it, I guess it was not worth.

:eek:hyeah:

Well I saw a pair of these at the local thrift store for $49 and thought I'd give them a shot despite some of the criticisms by some audiophile purists. I have to say for $49 I don't think I could be more pleased.

I saw a pair on Ebay for $100 plus that much in shipping and handling.

They sound pretty darn good to me and the price was right : )

I own a pair of these speakers I have owned them since I bought them new. My receiver stopped working several years ago. I am wanting to get a new receiver for these speakers but I don't know what to get. I am not wanting to spend much. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your reply.
I have heard these speakers and found that in this budget (15-20K) it can be good quality (12"X2 woofer, midrange and soft dome tweeter/each speaker). We can't found this configuration in this budget, correct?

The bass was tight (not very low frequencies, only throw) seems like it should work great if we play in large area.

Thanks,
Dan
15 to 20k for those midi system speakers is an overkill.

You will realize the value it can get when u try to to sell them off. Those old school boxes except the yamaha ns 1000 have no value in used market.

I own a pair of these speakers I have owned them since I bought them new. My receiver stopped working several years ago. I am wanting to get a new receiver for these speakers but I don't know what to get. I am not wanting to spend much. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Hello! I think to this time you alredy purchased a new receiver, the receiver that comes with SB-A53 is the Technics SU-G91

Back