• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Technics SL-1200 MK2 Turn Table

Castle Knight 2 Speakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

sajjad4joy

Hi,

Looking for Technics SL-1200 / 1210 MK2 Turn table. The Product should be in good condition. Price flexible as per condition of TT.

Thanks,
Sajjad.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

captrajesh

Staff member
Our FM Ravi_d had one for sale sometime back. Check with him if he still has it.

srinisundar

Why are you venturing into it.......? Do not waste your time and efforts on this.. Everything is available in digital format with analog sound which an LP can produce.

Regards

Record Player

Why are you venturing into it.......? Do not waste your time and efforts on this.. Everything is available in digital format with analog sound which an LP can produce.

Regards

Why would you want to say that. Thats a very strong thing to say "Waste you time and efforts". This can be comprehended in a very different way. This is not just about Digital and Analog sound my friend and if it was again highly debatable.

I do not think many of us on this forum and across the world think of this passion or hobby as a waste of time and efforts.

Cheers...

aashish351

I was born in the cassette era and started with that. By 2000, I had completely moved to CDs. By 2010, I had completely moved to Lossless files. By 2015, I have (almost) completely moved to Hi-Res (24/88 or higher) AND Vinyl. And, I have still not decided which amongst the hi-res and vinyl will I stay with. Maybe they will co-exist. I sold my mid-budget DAC to upgrade to a high-end one but I feel no hurry to do so because the half-decent Vinyl source (mid-fi at best) is keeping me more than satisfied in the enjoyment of music, that instead of putting the money into the upgrade for now, I went ahead and picked a lot of 100 very good condition LPs!!

So by all means try to venture into it and don't let anyone else tell you that it is a waste. You never know what you might end up enjoying!

srinisundar

I personally know Sajaad, so for sure i can tell it is waste of time....And I have heard and seen enough senior members here switched over to the convenience of format and enjoy the sound produced by the digital format later agreed it sounds very closely to LP sound.

All at the end hearing good music without much efforts hearing some other stories and plight of members involved on using LP's.;)

Why would you want to say that. Thats a very strong thing to say "Waste you time and efforts". This can be comprehended in a very different way. This is not just about Digital and Analog sound my friend and if it was again highly debatable.

I do not think many of us on this forum and across the world think of this passion or hobby as a waste of time and efforts.

Cheers...

plasmoid

I've been to Sohail's(Record Player)place and listened to a few records on his 1200s. Absolutely astounding sonic experience. I can see why he is getting defensive :)

M

mpw

All at the end hearing good music without much efforts hearing some other stories and plight of members involved on using LP's.;)

There are people ( arguably more ?? ) in a sorry plight using digital audio too.. :)
they worry about USB cables and stuff... some of them even coil cables to get better sound :lol:

but ... to each his / her own..

Sometimes the journey is more interesting than the destination itself and that needs to be kept in mind.

regards

navinsinha

It is my personal opinion but there is nothing which can beat vinyl. Secondly, for Bollywood and Hindustani classical music, there are many LPs which have been reproduced on CDs......just my 2 cents.

navinsinha

It is my personal opinion but there is nothing which can beat vinyl. Secondly, for Bollywood and Hindustani classical music, there are many LPs which have been reproduced on CDs......just my 2 cents.

I mean there are many LPs which have NOT been reproduced on CDs

Santy

Thread going OT and we do not want another digital vs analog war here.
We all know where it ends.
If any FM is willing to sell their turntable, please PM the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.