Technics Turntable Owners Club

Record Player

Wonder why we dint have this earlier! We ought to have one innit!

Calling all Technics Turntable Owners to stage their decks here. Please also specify model #, headshell, cart, tweaks/mods done if any, best practices etc.

Direct Drive, Belt Drive, Idler ;):D...bring it on!

Technics_zpse04fd114.jpg

Last edited:
Nice thread RP! Will post pictures of my set up soon. Though it is nothing as exotic as yours or Om's rig but would still chip in with mine. :)

My Technics TT is my first TT. SL 1500. Bought it from FM Mr. Kuruvila. I changed the RCA cables to Bandridge SVL 3302.

Cart: Audio-Technica CN5625AL
Just yesterday my friend came back from the US. He got me a Nagaoka MP-110H. Can't wait to listen to that! :licklips:

Apart from this I haven't modified the TT. Love the way the it sounds. Have no plans for an upgrade also in the near future (before upgrading my TT I'll be upgrading my speakers). I clean the pots of the pitch control (using DeOxit) once every 2 months almost. Check the cart's weight once every week (or 10 days).

Will post pics later. Am not at home these days.

Last edited:
I received my Technics 1200 M3D couple of days ago.

ending up with a blown fuse due to an early morning fiasco. The whole system should come together in a couple of days (CNC+DCB1 cooking)

Hi Guys,

I am from dubai and I have a Technics SL-1210 bought in almost mint condition from an English DJ who had used it sparingly.

I am using a Nagaoka MP-110 cartridge and very happy with the sound. It does take a little longer to break-in (about 50 hours give or take a few) but once it does, you notice the difference and it blows you away! The highs could have been slightly better though you cannot get better for $100.

I have not done any upgrades as yet but have ordered vibrapod feet and a Mitchell record clamp. Will post pics and reviews of both once they arrive. My next upgrade would be a new head shell (mostly a Sumiko) and a tonearm fluid damper from Kab USA.

RD

My TT is Technics 1200 MK II with Shure M 97Xe. Enjoying it most since last few years.

Clean, clear, fuss free and workhorse. Just plug and play and enjoying pure music. This is suitable for me the most as I am not a techie and there is NO hum, distortion, channel dis balance blah blah issues make my mind cluttered with tweaks/ repair thoughts.

Pancham da (R.D.Burman) music is making amended definition with this turntable and another work horse CNC phono stage.

My Technics SP10 Mark II with Jelco 750D tonearm and DL-103 MC cartridge. It has the original obsidian plinth.

The other one is a poor picture of a SL-1210 with original arm and no mods.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 329
Nice thread RP! Will post pictures of my set up soon. Though it is nothing as exotic as yours or Om's rig but would still chip in with mine. :)

Excellent. Please post some latest shots of your TT and also add that link to your TTs overhaul that you did, that's really a KB Article. Exotic is ones own definition so bring it on!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back