• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Teeny-tiny Speakers/SoundBar and BookShelf Suggestions

jr83

So far suggestions and google suggestions
  • Living Room
    • Cambridge Audio Minx (12/22) (audition might be problem)
    • Monitor Audio Radius 90/45 (sourcing is an issue)
    • telmo 2.0 (audition might be problem)
    • Mission cube 2.0 (audition might be problem)
    • yamaha soundbar @Love4sound is it 107 or 207?
  • Study Room
    • Wharf 225/11.2
    • Polk Audio RTI A3
    • Elac debut b6.2
Any more suggestions ppl.
Thanks , Have a lovely day.

I have the Cambridge Audio Mix Min 12s for my surrounds, and have tried them in a 2.1 setup just for funzies. They are quite brilliant for their tiny size. Just for understanding, they are paired in my system to a set of Klipsch Premiere RP 400M and RP 500C and a pair of SVS SB1000 subs.

I had the Elac Cinema 10 before them, and while the Elac are definitely bigger and more detail, the Minx come close.

PS: I was the one who pmed about the Elac Cinema 10.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Naturelover

Looks like @raghupb did get it right :)
You are indeed looking for the teeny tiny stuff.
You have to keep Morel in that list, though.
The older model of Quad Lite, if you can find it in good condition, is awesome. I have it in my living room HT for fronts, centre and sub with four Morel soundspots for rears in 7.1.

raghupb

<snip>
i did go through your thread, very much informative and clears my doubts about those MA radius 45.
For me it would be difficult to bring/import down those speakers.
Cambridge Audio Minx 12/22 looks interesting.Let me look on those.
Thanks
If you are anywhere near Banashankari, Bengaluru, PM me.
You can checkout the MAs in action.
Minx also holds promise.
Cheers,
Raghu

csd508868306kant

Hi All, I am very sorry that I could not update this thread earlier, busy with stuff
So as you know I was looking for Living room(teeny-tiny setup) and one for study setup, the condition was speakers having less depth.
I think I am sorted out for study room as I went ahead and booked Tannoy Revolution XT mini(20cm depth, living and study table depth being 40cm). It was a blind buy. Since it is discontinued model , I got it on decent price. Really want to thank @JayaRaa for helping and cracking this deal....I will try to put this on Living first, and study later...Will see where it fits better and then update this thread.

If anybody has first hand experience with Tannoy Revolution XT series, let me know to get best out fo it...Of course , i know 20cm space b/w speaker and wall would be one challenge , still want to hear from gurus

Thanks and have a lovely day.

Last edited:

csd508868306kant

Hi All, Good afternoon,

I could not update post earlier as was busy with work
So my Tannoy reached to me....and they look really stunning..They are really small
Here are some photos

Packaging was nicely done. Build quality is top notch and yes they look beautiful.
Initial Impression : Plugged with Denon AVR and Marantz IA , with both they sounded shrill, bright vocals and the bass was thin but soundstage and imagining is good. So I have put them on burn-in. Almost after burning for 24 hrs, gave a listen to them. And they sounded good comparatively. Now vocals seem to have mellowed down, bass becoming tight now. They do sound like a big bookshelf( though they are almost half of my aviano 2) and In my 10' X 11' study room , they sounded like big big bookshelf. I am still burning them
Some speakers sound good just out of the box , but this Tannoy definitely needs burn-in.
Now I am big believer of burn-in :)

I was thinking to get big brother of revolution xt mini ,which is xt6. But due to budget constraints could not crack deal. But nevertheless, I hope this mini won't let me down once burn-in completes.

Once I have burn-in complete, I will revive this thread.
Thanks for reading and Thanks for all help you guys provided.

csd508868306kant

Good Afternoon All,

I felt the break-in was done... and gave them a listen..Though It was blind buy , couple of reviews and some youtube videos , but I felt decision was spot-on to buy them. I have put them on TV unit with 3M adhesive(tiny) provided for base. I need to see some big adhesive to create space b/w speakers and TV unit, so resonance would be less. Please suggest some good separator b/w speakers base and TV Unit.

Coming to sound, they have amazing vocals . I have played couple of movies with my AVR and they sounded amazing, perfect soundstage and imagining. Bass is not that great but with subwoofer , they are bang-on
Also played music , phone (bluetooth)-> ifi Audio nano ione -> AVR -> Tannoy Mini + subwoofer , it is mesmerising:)

So for now , my Pioneer and Aviano have taken back seat and they might go for sell soon , it will generate some funds towards Tannoy XT6 :)

I was reading somewhere that bi-amping speakers will yield good response on high and low frequency. Since Mini would be connected to AVR and will stay in living room for some time, I was thinking to go ahead and try bi-amping.

Let me know if anybody has experimented this and yielded good result.
Also do I need to keep some steps in minds before I try this?

Thanks and Good Day
Chandu

Last edited:

sandeepss

Please suggest some good separator b/w speakers base and TV Unit.
Thanks for the update :)
Most economic option would be half cut squash balls, 4 per monitor (or 3 in a triangle if you’ve got level issues)

Little more expensive would be Isopods from sound foundations.
Most expensive would be Isoacoustic desktop monitor stands. :)

csd508868306kant

Thanks for the update :)
Most economic option would be half cut squash balls, 4 per monitor (or 3 in a triangle if you’ve got level issues)

Little more expensive would be Isopods from sound foundations.
Most expensive would be Isoacoustic desktop monitor stands. :)
Let me have a look into these

SPONSORED ADS

arunkvivek

Hi there, Please check this to see isolation spikes on my Tannoys (bought from aliexpress and waited almost a month for delivery). While they have cleaned up the sound (bass especially), I seem to push volume levels higher than before now.

csd508868306kant

Hi there, Please check this to see isolation spikes on my Tannoys (bought from aliexpress and waited almost a month for delivery). While they have cleaned up the sound (bass especially), I seem to push volume levels higher than before now.
Hi Arun,
Would be great if you post me link for same.
Is this the link

Thanks

SPONSORED ADS