Temporary DIY screen

rahuln

Hi,

My HT room construction got delayed so I want to get a temp screen that I can hang on bedroom wardrobes. Here is what I am planning to do:

1. Get two 90 inch curtain rods.
2. Buy a pure white bed-sheet with 90x60 or more.
3. Fold Stitch the long sides to insert the curtain rods.
4. Hang it form the wardrobes handles from top.

Now my question is, will this work, anyone tried something similar before? Do I need to do anything to the sides?

Is there any better solution?

Thanks

_Rahul.

whyy not use a white wall if its temp?

if you want to use the cloth, then you need one white cloth and a black out cloth behind. Ensure no fans are switched as they will create waves in the cloth and will spoil the whole experience.

Did u check this thread, its a nice DIY screen and should work for you as well. I believe the curtain rods would be heavy load for your wardrobes handles to hang on them for a long time. So electrical casing is a good idea. Best of luck.

spirovious ... can you share a few links for that less than 5K screen ...... i am interested to have a look.

I am using flex printing sheet as a temporary screen. Get the best quality one and use the back side of the sheet. I used superglue to fix it on to the wall and it gives good results. The front side is glossy and not suitable for pj. The sheet cost me only 15Rs per sq.feet.

spirovious ... can you share a few links for that less than 5K screen ...... i am interested to have a look.
There are nice deals.OP need for time being and can be good options-
Wall Type 7 FT X 5 FT Projector Screen IN Imported High Gain Fabric USA | eBay
8x6 Wall Type Swastik Brand High Gain Projector Screen USA UV Coated | eBay

Insta-lock-
Instalock Projector Screen Size 6ft Height X 8ft Width Super Deluxe Grade | eBay
Crystal Deluxe Grade 6 X 8 Insta Lock Screen 120" Projector Screen | eBay

Ratings are good,not used personally.

One quick point - search for screens with 16:9 aspect ratio. These screens are 4:3.

One quick point - search for screens with 16:9 aspect ratio. These screens are 4:3.
Yes.It doesn't make any difference.You can pull down how much you need.Some FM are doing same.No point in paying more for aspect ratio if performance is same.Its helpful if you are watching TV/YouTube videos which can be 4:3

spro these are all pull down 4:3 ratio screens, I am looking fro 16x9 fixed frame screens that I can manually fit in a DIY frame.

Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot for suggestions. I have few challenges. I don't have a wall, let alone the white one, to project. I will be projecting on wall-to-wall wardrobes. Now since I need to open the wardrobes I cannot paste them with papers.

The cheap screens on e-bay looks promising. I am this one. Any feedback?

I ordered the 7*5 version as my temp location size turned out to be even smaller than I thought. I ordered on 18th but is not yet shipped :(. This one was 2k with shipping, will keep you all posted.

Thanks

For the price it looks good rahuln... share your experience with us all.

I received the screen today. It is much better than what I was planning to build with curtain rode and white cloth. But certainly nowhere near a permanent solution.

Pros: Good quality screen material, very compact to store, easy to hang.

Cons: Not smooth, there are some undulation due to rolling the screen, not stiff moves due to fan air,

IMO, not bad for 2k and works a temp solution.

Thanks

For the price it looks good rahuln... share your experience with us all.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back