Terribly Confused with MITSUN 5.1 speakers with optical in.Please help

rock18

Subwoofer not working with optical SPDIF 5.1.Pls help.

HI,
Recently bought a 5.1 mitsun speaker with optical in.This is the cheapest 5.1 speakers available with optical in.

I have connected my SPDIF out(Asus MB, realtek codec) from my PC to optical in of the speakers.

Problem is when i try to play 5.1 movies in VLC player.there are options stereo.5.1 and A5/2 over SPDIF.

if i choose A5/2 over SPDIF, it takes some 3 seconds for the sound to come and also it starts with a screech noise.
But subwoofer is very very feeble in this mode,I don't understand what the problem is.

If i choose stereo,sound comes from all the speakers.subwoofer pumps out decent bass.

If i choose 5.1,5.1 effect is there,rear speakers sound very low, subwoofer is pumping very good amount of bass in this mode.

subwoofer works fine using normal RCA connection with my DTH setup box(stereo).

I tried connecting this to my HD media player with optical out.
If i choose SPDIF RAW again subwoofer becomes very feeble.

Please help.

Last edited:
Have you tried using ac3filter and adjusting the channel gains from the ac3filter panel?

For that you will have to install ac3filter and use the filter some other player like MPC-HC or KMPlayer.

Search with google or post here if you need detailed instructions on that.

Have you tried using ac3filter and adjusting the channel gains from the ac3filter panel?

For that you will have to install ac3filter and use the filter some other player like MPC-HC or KMPlayer.

Search with google or post here if you need detailed instructions on that.
thanks a lot for replying and sorry for the delayed response.
I found the culprit to be the optical cable.When i changed the optical cable.Problem solved.

However there are few things which i do not understand.
i have downloaded lots of tamil songs in 720p and 1080P. Most of the songs sounds good but few songs does not have bass at all.when they are played in stereo mode,bass is good.
in 5.1 mode,Some scenes like gun shooting or bike sounds comes out in subwoofer but the bass is not coming for the beats.
Same songs when played in 5.1 Altec lensing speakers connected to PC produces Bass even in 5.1 mode.
i checked the bitrate and most of them have A5/2(aka Ac3 codec) 48khz 448kb/s or DTS.
so bitrate or codec is not a problem i guess.

Only few songs are like this,remaining songs seems to be fine.

Any reason why the bass is missing for a certain songs?

I had a similar problem once, try upgrading your media player and also check if ur speakers have a built in dts and dolby decoder.

whts the price of these speaker system and from where you got it
I got it for 4200rs in chennai.

I had a similar problem once, try upgrading your media player and also check if ur speakers have a built in dts and dolby decoder.
How to check if its has inbuilt DTS and dolby decoder?
in the speaker box,there was DTS symbol.
I checked with both optical outs i.e PC and HD media player.Both sounds the same.
I guess its something to do with the way media is recorded or encoded.

I have downloaded lots of 5.1 songs from internet and few plays with bass and few songs bass is missing completely.
Is there a way to check the complete audio info like which are the channels(LFE,SR,FR,etc) present?
I played few DVD9 gold discs,They seem fine.

But overall speakers are very good for the price.

Mitsun speaker is not working in 5.1 channel but working with Aux mode. what can i do and give me a solution. If i am connecting 5 points terminal, 3 speakers only working in Aux mode. when switched to 5.1 channel mode, total speakers are not working.

When you select spdf out of vlc,make sure that in playback device in windows should be configured as 5.1.Else it wont give 5.1.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back