Thank you Hifivision for this wonderful world

dranishbanerjee

This group and its members provide exemplary foresight into the Indian HiFi music world. Privileged to be a member of the group.
Grew up listening to my father's vinyls - ventures, Coltrane, Satchmo, Amjad Ali khan on his Phillips player till late at night and Sonodyne bookshelves and now my son hogs my collection of Ellizabeth Mitchells, Eva Cassidy and Simon Garfunkel.
My set up is Focal Aria floorstanders with Marantz 8005 amp driven by Lyrita DHT pre and sources are Project Genie+ upgraded Lyrita tube pre, Schiit Bifrost and Marantz SACD player.
Thank you again for accepting me. As Satchmo would sing ' What a wonderful world'
Regards
Anish

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. Till date you are the second Kolkata HFV-ian I know who has Lyrita DHT Pre, other one I know is @rupakghosh.80 of course he has a full Lyrita setup.

Your setup is nice and I can picture you to be a vinyl collection owner too, enjoy your setup.

Welcome to the forum. Till date you are the second Kolkata HFV-ian I know who has Lyrita DHT Pre, other one I know is @rupakghosh.80 of course he has a full Lyrita setup.

Your setup is nice and I can picture you to be a vinyl collection owner too, enjoy your setup.
Yes. I have heard Rupak's and he mine. We kept chatting on the music. I love my phono pre amp. Initially there was a small buzz but Viren worked his charms on it. Added some nice Mundorf caps and Vishaya nude resistors and now the background is black and the voices are even more clear. Very important for me as I love solo vocals qithout accompaniments. Can not thank Mr Bakshi enough. For the music, for the sessions I have enjoyed at his home, the wonderful lunches and his suggestions and guidances regarding coaxing better sound out of the system.

This group and its members provide exemplary foresight into the Indian HiFi music world. Privileged to be a member of the group.
Grew up listening to my father's vinyls - ventures, Coltrane, Satchmo, Amjad Ali khan on his Phillips player till late at night and Sonodyne bookshelves and now my son hogs my collection of Ellizabeth Mitchells, Eva Cassidy and Simon Garfunkel.
My set up is Focal Aria floorstanders with Marantz 8005 amp driven by Lyrita DHT pre and sources are Project Genie+ upgraded Lyrita tube pre, Schiit Bifrost and Marantz SACD player.
Thank you again for accepting me. As Satchmo would sing ' What a wonderful world'
Regards
Anish

Your post made me nostalgic, as I have very similar memories of my childhood when my father played his vinyls - mostly Indian classical , Kishore, Rafi, Lata, Buddy Guy , Muddy Waters on our Philips TT and Sonodyne system.
I’m a big time jazz and electric blues fan, classic rock too (who isn’t ?) and slowly building up my record collection after a gap of twenty years.

Yrs. So am I. Pat Mahoney, Eva Cassidy, Keith Jarrett, Diana Krall, Jim Reeves I can go on and on. Vinyl is magical
Keith Jarrett Live at Koln is one of the finest piano performances ever , isn’t it. Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold is ethereal. Good to see matching taste. Joni Mitchell - Blue as well. Exquisite.

Keith Jarrett Live at Koln is one of the finest piano performances ever , isn’t it. Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold is ethereal. Good to see matching taste. Joni Mitchell - Blue as well. Exquisite.
Sure. What are you listening to revently? Have you heard the Amber Rubarth Alex Wong singles? Also the Alex Sheppard quintet ?

Yes. And the recording with Charlie haden on double bass. Eva Cassidy autumn leaves and the song she sang after her cancer.. Also Leonard Cohen, Elvis Presley with the Philharmonic. I can go on and on.

Feels very cosy in here with you guys discussing these names that keep the past alive for some (many?) of us.

I see some similarities in our systems, Anish. Lyrita DHT here combined with SS amp (Audiolab 8200A). Also have Schiit Bifrost which I add sometimes to the chain.

Welcome to the forum and threads - our Fields of Gold.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back