The 2013 Plasma Discussion Thread!

Redflag

The 2013 Plasma Discussion Thread! [Updated with Information]

Hey guys,

It's almost time for the 2013 plasmas to be introduced in India. Most of the specs have been published on the international websites of the manufacturers. It's time we time start discussing them!

Please post all the news, rumours, opinions, reviews etc here!

Some interesting links :

Samsung 2013 Product Guide : http://pn64f8500.com/uploads/Samsug_2013_PDP_Product_Guidea.pdf

Samsung F4500 Spec Sheet : Specs - Plasma TV PN51F4500AF | Samsung TVs

Samsung F5300 Spec Sheet : Specs - Plasma TV PN60F5300AF | Samsung TVs

2013 Panasonic VIERA Plasma HDTV Comparison Chart : Amazon.com: Panasonic TC-P50S60 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV: Electronics

Some interesting observations :

1. No 3D and internet connectivity in lower end models for both Samsung and Panasonic. (Cost cutting? Hopefully they would be cheaper too)

2. Samsung now offers a universal remote control!

3. No UT Series from Panasonic!

4. Reintroduction of S Series from Panasonic. It will be interesting to see how it will be priced, especially the 42 inch model, since there is now no UT or XT.

5. New top of the line series from both sides : F8500 from Samsung and ZT60 from Panasonic. However the chances of ZT60 making it into India is very low.

Watch out the space for more updates! :)

Last edited:
In 2013 we may finally see the "kuro killers" from Panny.
ZT60 should be setting a new bench mark in PQ. Its like providing job for other TVs for another 3 to 5 years to reach it.;)
Was hearing some rumors that Sony W900 may be equal to or less, in producing deep blacks than the 2012 flagship model, though colors could be more vibrant due to quantum technology.:sad:

I am betting on Samsung bringing in the F8500 if things go well, hope to have it by Diwali 2013 :) not much hope of Panny bringing even ST series to India this year forget VT or ZT :-(

There is no point discussing the lineup for Europe, USA, Canada, Japan or even Thailand. What matters is "What is the lineup for India?". The only thing we can hope is what holds good at other places is at least 80% true for India too. Panasonic is conentrating on LED TV market in India and that is the worry for future plasma buyers.

Well the features are almost the same across all the countries for the same models. Also normally the Asia line-up is similar to Europe one!

I hope X60, S60 and ST60 will be released in India..
Any guess on the pricing compared to the 2012 XT/UT/ST ?

S60 is FHD without 3D. Is it safe to assume the S60 Price may be in line with UT50( FHD and 3D)

Thanks,
Sunil

S60 is FHD without 3D. Is it safe to assume the S60 Price may be in line with UT50( FHD and 3D)

Thanks,
Sunil
Although, everything is speculating, I expect that ST60 will be priced somewhat similar to ST50 (based on original pricing of ST30 and ST50). There are significant panel differences between ST50 and UT50, ST50 having the neoPDP panel. S60 will be priced more than UT50 and perhaps 10-15% cheaper than ST60.

Thanks,
Sunil

x60 and st60 will most probably make it to India. Now sure about s60.

Launch price of 42UT50 in US was 825$ and the launch price of 42S60 in US is 725$. That should give you a hint.

At the moment with Panasonic, the plasma lineup itself is a big question mark.
There are reports coming out that Panasonic may not launch any plasma in India. This is based on some dealers information.
So, no point in discussing this for the next 60 days.

Panasonic has announced their 2013 viera line-up for Asia and as expected no ZT60 not even GT60: 2013 Plasma TV Product Line-up for Asia | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global another shocker is no 50" ST60 infact the only 50" plasma will be X60, very disapointing

The ST60 and S60 will be in 60" work a 65ST60 as well. If they are same price as 2012 equivalent then it is good news. But I shall reserve my final comments till India website announces details. The S60 appears to be less than UT50.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back