The Giveaway Thread

actually I am using a very modest 1sqmm finolex speaker wire, so I think changing it to 12awg/14awg should make a difference.. But wanted to test before going that route
Going by the suggestion given by an FM in a different thread, I am using polycab 2.5 Sq mm wire.Checked their spec with AWG standards and they comply with it. It is cheaper than 14 AWG wire.

Going by the suggestion given by an FM in a different thread, I am using polycab 2.5 Sq mm wire.Checked their spec with AWG standards and they comply with it. It is cheaper than 14 AWG wire.
actually I am using a very modest 1sqmm finolex speaker wire, so I think changing it to 12awg/14awg should make a difference.. But wanted to test before going that route

Though this is not the correct thread for this discussion, but since people are talking about it, Amazon basics has started selling its 99.9%ofc speaker wire which has very good reviews on Amazon.com. I have ordered my roll but haven't had the chance to unpack it till now.

Can it work as a WiFi range extender, if yes, then I am interested.
No not possible unless you hack and install 3rd party firmware. it is a cumbersome process though.
However, you can use it as a ethernet switch by running an ethernet cable from your existing router to one of its 5 ethernet ports.

1KVA servo voltage stabilizer.
In perfect working condition, but the input and output indicator lights have fused and the volt meter does not work. These do not affect functionality in anyway and can be easily replaced without spending much.
This was custom built to certain very high specifications and the transformer and servo units are of a very very high robust quality. It is almost 20 years old and was in continuous use for about 12 years and has since been in cold storage.

Though this is free from my side, I would prefer anyone wanting this servo stabilizer to contribute minimum Rs.1,200 to hifivision.

Once I receive confirmation from the moderators, I will give it to the donor.
Shipping will be expensive, so outstation FMs need to weigh in the courier cost and will have to wait for a few days as I am a little busy and this stabilizer will need robust packing.

Cheers
Kannan

IMG_20180924_112123.jpg

IMG_20180924_112158.jpg

No not possible unless you hack and install 3rd party firmware. it is a cumbersome process though.
However, you can use it as a ethernet switch by running an ethernet cable from your existing router to one of its 5 ethernet ports.
I am thinking of using this as my main router and then running wire from this router to my current router (ASUS RTN66U) which can act as range extender. If this is possible and you dont see any downsides and if NO local FM wants this router, can you consider shipping this to me (Nashik) at my cost
Kind regards

I am thinking of using this as my main router and then running wire from this router to my current router (ASUS RTN66U) which can act as range extender. If this is possible and you dont see any downsides and if NO local FM wants this router, can you consider shipping this to me (Nashik) at my cost
Kind regards
yes you can use it as a main router. this comes with a built-in modem

yes you can use it as a main router. this comes with a built-in modem
great.. I can now see two uses for this.. I have two braodband connection, one is from BSNL, for which I use a very old BSNL (Dataone) modem/router, which has some issues in WIFI mode, So I can replace that or as said above I can use for extending my other broadband connection
regards

great.. I can now see two uses for this.. I have two braodband connection, one is from BSNL, for which I use a very old BSNL (Dataone) modem/router, which has some issues in WIFI mode, So I can replace that or as said above I can use for extending my other broadband connection
regards
pm your address. i will ship it to you. but you might have to wait for a couple of day

One Notion Ink Can 8 windows tablet. Comes pre-installed with native Windows 10.
There is crack on the screen, but everything including touch works. 100% usable.

After using it for a year as a regular tablet, it served as a source cum DSP for my 3-way active home audio setup for almost 6 months.
I had configured JRiver Media Center in it with its in-built powerful DSP features.

This runs native PC windows with touch features, so you can install any program in it like in a laptop.
I also had bluetooth keyboard and mouse for it, but not able to locate it now. Will send that too with the tablet if I can locate them.

IMG_20180924_124536.jpg

IMG_20180924_124441.jpg

IMG_20180924_124446.jpg

IMG_20180924_124454.jpg

One Notion Ink Can 8 windows tablet. Comes pre-installed with native Windows 10.
There is crack on the screen, but everything including touch works. 100% usable.

After using it for a year as a regular tablet, it served as a source cum DSP for my 3-way active home audio setup for almost 6 months.
I had configured JRiver Media Center in it with its in-built powerful DSP features.

This runs native PC windows with touch features, so you can install any program in it like in a laptop.
I also had bluetooth keyboard and mouse for it, but not able to locate it now. Will send that too with the tablet if I can locate them.

View attachment 30489

View attachment 30490

View attachment 30491

View attachment 30492
May I
have it plz

Hi
If its ok with you, may I have it, if any local is not interested in. Wanted to use it for educational purposes.
Thanks a lot!
I'll bear any charges for it!

View attachment 30489

View attachment 30490

View attachment 30491

View attachment 30492

You are really up to something ;)

Great job, giving stuff away free.

Dear FMs,

The spring cleaning at home continues and I am giving away some DVDs and VCDs . Note that region codes vary for the DVDs and a multi region DVD player may be required to play some of the discs. I can give away a maximum of 5 discs per FM so that more FMs can get discs. If there is not much interest, I will increase the limit per FM. Please PM me your choice, say a prioritized list of 7 discs, and I will consolidate it after a couple of days. I can ship at receivers cost, but I am pretty busy at work so expect a couple of weeks delay before the shipping happens.

VCDs: 2001-A space odyssey; Waitress; Good, Bad, Ugly; I, Robot; The Fan; The Golden Compass
SF DVDs: Chronicle, 2001 - A space odyssey, Serenity, Cypher, Equilibrium
HindI DVDs: Gangs of Wasseypur 1 and 2, Kabul Express
Foreign Film DVDs: Festen, The Hunt, Confession, The Return, Intouchables, Battle Royal, After the wedding
Other DVDs: Training day, 12 Angry Men, Valmont, The Machinist, Collateral, Notorius

(Not a hard requirement but it would be good if FMs who receive these free discs make a small donation to hifivision.)

Thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back