The Giveaway Thread

I was wondering if anyone has a VCR for a giveaway? Preferably working. Just feeling sentimental. Want to watch marriage videos on it. Will bear shipping of course.

Oh I already have them on DVD. Wanted to see that on the original VHS tapes on which they were recorded. No digital formats then. Also one more reason is to run the VHS tapes to make sure they are alright.

Hi members,

Didn't have much time and interest to get it rectified/repaired. The AVR standby indicator is blinking and not switching on.
Remote is missing... bought sometime in 2012/2013 from Sound & Vision.

Anyone out there interested to have a go at it or salvage parts from this? Only thing is collect in person from my place in the east.
Else I'll throw it out. First come first serve.

Thanks.

1565184160845.jpeg

1565184143566.jpeg

Hi members,

Didn't have much time and interest to get it rectified/repaired. The AVR standby indicator is blinking and not switching on.
Remote is missing... bought sometime in 2012/2013 from Sound & Vision.

Anyone out there interested to have a go at it or salvage parts from this? Only thing is collect in person from my place in the east.
Else I'll throw it out. First come first serve.

Thanks.

View attachment 38031

View attachment 38030

Wish I was close by.

**UPDATE**
Thanks for the keen interest and rapid responses for an AVR in coma bros... :)
It's reserved for collection in the below indicated order of preference, by tomorrow evening... if no show, I'll go down the list.

Responses via PM:
@prateekatasniya
@Vinod.R
@yugaaa

Pls mention the schedule date and time for the AVR throwaway event.:D

Considering the number of responses... I don't think there will be any throwaway event as such.:)

Bass Traps, professionally made and picked up from an FM in a giveaway. Don't need them anymore, so giving back to the community. They do make a difference.

Water marks at the bottom. Had picked them up this way. It's a cover, so can change to suit your decor. IMG-20190909-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20190909-WA0005.jpg

Bass Traps, professionally made and picked up from an FM in a giveaway. Don't need them anymore, so giving back to the community. They do make a difference.

Water marks at the bottom. Had picked them up this way. It's a cover, so can change to suit your decor.

Received a few messages however I would prefer local Bangalore FMs. This thing is not easy to ship. They are quite big in dimensions, not very heavy though.

All those who are looking to tame those boomy bases and clear up their sound quality, give these a try. They are amazing and the do work. Having to Give away as the room has changed and unfortunately these have to go.

MaSh

Water marks at the bottom. Had picked them up this way. It's a cover, so can change to suit your decor.
Bass traps have been picked.

MaSh

After my father passed on several moths ago, I were tasked with gathering and sorting his possessions so my mom could go through them later, after she’d had some time to grieve and collect herself.

It took me a while to go through my father’s things... going through someone’s stuff after that person dies can be a real task.

I started sorting through trying to decide what to do with everything. I cleared the mounds of clothes, medical equipment and gave away everything to the old age home.

Mostly what needed to be cleaned out was the room where he had stored the detritus of his hobbies. I know, I felt if I kept his things… then a part of him would always be with me. But trying to keep a person alive by surrounding yourself with the stuff that he or she cherished is just a dream. In reality, death is as natural as life, and possessions will never bring that person back.

I managed to get a few boxes and parts from his old building days… here's what I've found, no idea what some things might be useful for at this point in time.

To begin with here are some cassette tapes from his collection over the years (around 250, may be even more)... there are lot of other things not particularly related to AV though.
Will post as i sort them out and take pics.

1569239583745.jpeg

1569240094904.jpeg

After my father passed on several moths ago, I were tasked with gathering and sorting his possessions so my mom could go through them later, after she’d had some time to grieve and collect herself.

It took me a while to go through my father’s things... going through someone’s stuff after that person dies can be a real task.

I started sorting through trying to decide what to do with everything. I cleared the mounds of clothes, medical equipment and gave away everything to the old age home.

Mostly what needed to be cleaned out was the room where he had stored the detritus of his hobbies. I know, I felt if I kept his things… then a part of him would always be with me. But trying to keep a person alive by surrounding yourself with the stuff that he or she cherished is just a dream. In reality, death is as natural as life, and possessions will never bring that person back.

I managed to get a few boxes and parts from his old building days… here's what I've found, no idea what some things might be useful for at this point in time.

To begin with here are some cassette tapes from his collection over the years (around 250, may be even more)... there are lot of other things not particularly related to AV though.
Will post as i sort them out and take pics.

View attachment 39358

View attachment 39359

Hi Krishna,
I can understand the gravity of this loss having gone through my own bereavement myself.

I can also understand the pain and the longing very clearly.

Make sure whatever you give is cherished by the recipient as it is carried forward to preserve his legacy.
Vinod

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back