The B&Ws have arrived in Chennai!

Decibel

A Proud Moment For Decibel!
[img2]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5664/bw68502.jpg[/img2]

We are very pleased to announce that we are now official dealers for Bowers & Wilkins (B&W).

We are starting with the 685 bookshelf speakers. Winner of the EISA Compact Loudspeaker Award August 2007, and the the prestigious Absolute Sound Golden Ear 2008, the B&W's 685 'is hard to beat' and 'raises the bar in affordable speakers' (EISA & Absolute Sound).

B&W always makes speakers that are hard to find fault with. Whatever the size, very few other speakers can deliver full sound so close to what was recorded. The 685 has been designed to improve the integration and vertical dispersion of sound from the two drivers. The Nautilus(TM) tube loaded tweeter adds needle-sharp high frequencies to 20kHz and beyond. The 685 can handle 25-100 watts at 8 ohms, and a frequency range of 100Hz to nearly 22kHz. The 685 has a sensitivity of 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m).

Come and listen to the B&W at Decibel.

re: The B&Ws have arrived in Chennai!

That's great, congrats.

Pricing is the only reason why people run away from these in India. Internationally they are well placed but ridiculously priced here.

What is the final price ?

Kirsh, the 685s have a retail price of 44,900 plus tax.

B&Ws are exceptional speakers. Again, like always, you must invest in speakers only after auditioning them and if you like them. You may be aware that B&W speakers are used as monitors in many studios including the Abbey Road as editors and music directors find that they deliver sound very close to what they record.

All equipment purchase is based on a budget that you set for yourself. If you have the budget, B&W are certainly worth a listen.

Cheers

sorry for the OT.

little curious about the language
The B&W's have arrived in Chennai!

Should it not be The B&Ws have arrived in Chennai!

I see a trend of using apostrophe in plurals of abbreviations, not just by the esteemed fms here, but elsewhere also on the internet.

That's great, congrats.

Pricing is the only reason why people run away from these in India. Internationally they are well placed but ridiculously priced here.

What is the final price ?

As compared to the international prices, these are ridiculously priced in india, but even at this price, there aren't many speakers that will beat it in this range.

Are these made in UK or China ??

Should it not be The B&Ws have arrived in Chennai! I see a trend of using apostrophe in plurals of abbreviations, not just by the esteemed fms here, but elsewhere also on the internet.

I did write a draft of the post using just 'B&Ws'. Unfortunately because of font size, it looked incorrect to me, and that is why I used 'B&W's'. Though not really correct, using an apostrophe for acronyms is not too much of a crime against the English language.

I would request the mods to correct the title to 'The B&Ws have arrived in Chennai'.

Cheers

Are these made in UK or China ??

In the case of B&W that really does not matter as the quality of each product is verified by the company. If you find a fault, (which you will not), we will take the speaker back and give you a new one.

Cheers

I have Rotel RA-1520 and I am using KEF Q300. Will B&W be better than Q300? Because both Rotel and are from same parent company.

I have Rotel RA-1520 and I am using KEF Q300. Will B&W be better than Q300? Because both Rotel and are from same parent company.

Saronelle, the B&W are very special speakers that few other brands can match. This is because of the research and special material used in the drivers. For example, B&W is the only company in the world that uses Kevlar to construct it's drivers. You will see B&W has a distinct yellow color. B&W took many years to make a version of Kevlar that is both flexible and can maintain it rigidity after millions of vibratory movement. The end result is that the speakers maintain their sound signature for years. Similarly they have experimented using diamond in their tweeter.

At the end, I would like to repeat what I said before. Like always, you must invest in speakers only after auditioning them and if you like them. You are in Nagercoil, so I would encourage you to make a trip to Chennai and listen to the speakers yourself.

Cheers

For example, B&W is the only company in the world that uses Kevlar to construct it's drivers.

Cheers

I am not sure if they were the first ones or not, but they surely are not the only ones, there are quite a few kevlar drivers available in the market. e.g. HiVi, aurum cantus, goldwood, BIC, usher etc.

I am not sure if they were the first ones or not, but they surely are not the only ones, there are quite a few kevlar drivers available in the market. e.g. HiVi, aurum cantus, goldwood, BIC, usher etc.

Also Boston Acoustics.

But I think B&W is the only one who manufacture their own Kevlar driver. In fact, afaik they are one of the only three speaker makers who manufacture their own drivers to use in their speakers. Other two are Focal/Jmlabs and Dynaudio.

I do believe other speaker manufacturers including Wharfedale use Kevlar for their drivers, but B&W did start experimenting and using Kevlar as early as 1964, and were certainly the pioneers.

For more information please see this video.

Cheers

But I think B&W is the only one who manufacture their own Kevlar driver. In fact, afaik they are one of the only three speaker makers who manufacture their own drivers to use in their speakers. Other two are Focal/Jmlabs and Dynaudio.

Usher also uses their own drivers, whether all of them or not, I am not sure, same case with ATC. Dayton audio also uses their own drivers, but I guess they dont qualify as they are primarily a driver manufacturer that also makes speakers.

B&Ws are exceptional speakers. Again, like always, you must invest in speakers only after auditioning them and if you like them. You may be aware that B&W speakers are used as monitors in many studios including the Abbey Road as editors and music directors find that they deliver sound very close to what they record.

All equipment purchase is based on a budget that you set for yourself. If you have the budget, B&W are certainly worth a listen.

Cheers

Abbey Road uses the B&W 800D and they are brilliant speakers I guess with proper amplification you definitely reach the upper echelon of High Fidelity

A Proud Moment For Decibel!
[img2]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5664/bw68502.jpg[/img2]

We are very pleased to announce that we are now official dealers for Bowers & Wilkins (B&W).

We are starting with the 685 bookshelf speakers. Winner of the EISA Compact Loudspeaker Award August 2007, and the the prestigious Absolute Sound Golden Ear 2008, the B&W's 685 'is hard to beat' and 'raises the bar in affordable speakers' (EISA & Absolute Sound).

B&W always makes speakers that are hard to find fault with. Whatever the size, very few other speakers can deliver full sound so close to what was recorded. The 685 has been designed to improve the integration and vertical dispersion of sound from the two drivers. The Nautilus(TM) tube loaded tweeter adds needle-sharp high frequencies to 20kHz and beyond. The 685 can handle 25-100 watts at 8 ohms, and a frequency range of 100Hz to nearly 22kHz. The 685 has a sensitivity of 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m).

Come and listen to the B&W at Decibel.

I have been living with the 685s for several months now and with proper Amplification they really shine.

However with these particular speakers don't expect to skimp on amplification. Be prepared to invest a good 40-80k on it. If you want to get the best out of them.
Or else the end result would be pretty mediocre

I have been living with the 685s for several months now and with proper Amplification they really shine.

However with these particular speakers don't expect to skimp on amplification. Be prepared to invest a good 40-80k on it. If you want to get the best out of them.
Or else the end result would be pretty mediocre

Probably 2 power amp used as mono/bridged mode.:rolleyes:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back