The beast speakers of all Introductory Audiophiles

audioboy

I was in the line of looking for a bridge between the casual PC audio listeners to real audiophile equipment and i just found the right dosage. Have you guys ever heard of the Edifier S550?

Oh Yeah, its the beast of a system. I had options when i wanted to go for a 25k speakers, such as the bose companion and logitech but i decided to go for the Edifier S550. I want to write a brief review on what they're like, and if anyone should go for them. Expecting them to arrive to my home soon. :clapping::clapping:

Is it a true 5.1 system? What type of connectivity options does it have?

Yes its a true 5.1 system, with satellites having wooden enclosures, rather than the plastic stuff offered by logitech z5550. Will receive them soon and test them out, for more info :D

Yes its a true 5.1 system, with satellites having wooden enclosures, rather than the plastic stuff offered by logitech z5550. Will receive them soon and test them out, for more info :D

inputs are RCA inputs and aux in .. How do you plan to connect ? i assume 5.1 ch -> speakers without amp ?

If it is used for connecting to PC then no problem as you can use the 5.1 analog out. But for other devices without 5.1 analog out like dvd player, dth etc., the lack of digital inputs can be a headache.

Last Activity: 5th May 2013 09:56 PM.

Lol he got too busy with the speakers!

I was in the line of looking for a bridge between the casual PC audio listeners to real audiophile equipment and i just found the right dosage. Have you guys ever heard of the Edifier S550?

Oh Yeah, its the beast of a system. I had options when i wanted to go for a 25k speakers, such as the bose companion and logitech but i decided to go for the Edifier S550. I want to write a brief review on what they're like, and if anyone should go for them. Expecting them to arrive to my home soon. :clapping::clapping:

Edifier offers solid build quality, much better than any other PC audio manufacturer out there. SQ wise as well, I have been saying it for years to my friends to go for Edifier over Creative/Logitech and their ilk.

I guess they are doing well, they jack up prices every year. S550 is 25k now!:mad:
Edifier offers solid build quality, much better than any other PC audio manufacturer out there. SQ wise as well, I have been saying it for years to my friends to go for Edifier over Creative/Logitech and their ilk.

I am so torn between 32/42 " LCD/LED TV, Edifier S550, Edifier DA5000 Pro, Onkyo HTS3500 (Now Rs. 32000/-) !!! ROFL!

I am so torn between 32/42 " LCD/LED TV, Edifier S550, Edifier DA5000 Pro, Onkyo HTS3500 (Now Rs. 32000/-) !!! ROFL!

Not sure about the SQ but Onkyo has a proper AVR and Edifier is not even remotely close to what that is capable of. Edifier accepts only 5.1 analog inputs.

If it is a 5.1 that you are looking for, then go for avr based systems. Edifier 2.1 is good for music. I bought C3 recently. It is as good or even better than the Sonodyne SiA310 + 1501 speaker system I owned before.

I suppose Rockfella means he can get only either one of these options, either the tv, or quality surround sound....tough choice, my heart goes out to you! lol

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back