The best headphone for a rock and folk listener under 5k INR

square_wave

What is best headphone for a rock, pop, Jazz and folk listener under 5k INR in India ?

It needs to work with out an headphone amp.

what headphone amp...

open back / closed back ??

multiple options available..

senn , jvc rx 900.. closed back..

open AT ad 500 open back

grado's start from 6k open back..

hope you will try the Grado SR60 - which does very well with ipods etc.. or the Grado SR80i ( which i use with a portable flac player ) before deciding on closed back or open back or anything.

Just go for the sound.. and here the Grados will do well.

mpw

hope you will try the Grado SR60 - which does very well with ipods etc.. or the Grado SR80i ( which i use with a portable flac player ) before deciding on closed back or open back or anything.

mpw
where can i get Grado igrado or SR60 in mumbai ??

Isnt listener comfort and portability a factor too ?
The Grados are award winning cans, sure. But they are not very high on comfort - and are not too portable either.

So when deciding on purchasing, specify if you want to sit and listen comfortably at home, or do you see carrying them somewhere (I do not mean local trains, of course :D). And how long do you think you will listen to them.

+1 for the grados. sr80 ftw. And if you dont like the comfort, get sennheiser pads for em. I think the 428 pads fit em but im not too sure.

need a wireless HP under 10K, listening for indian music, pls advice, as i will buy on ebay, so there are no plenty of choice.

avr= yamaha rx-v473

I just recently brought Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones, to rock it on from cromaretail
157847.jpg

I think this is the best headphone.

mpw

+1 to that. I have been using SR60 for some time now and I prefer it over my Fostex TP50RP for rock.

Edit: BTW...don't think you are looking for a pair of cans for yourself...or are you???

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back