The big Indian indie songs thread

ubitoo

Thanks to streaming platforms like Apple Music, Spotify, Saavn and YouTube, there is much welcome revival on going in the Indian indie scene. Not sure how many fellow FMs are tracking the indie scene, but there is fine music wanting some ears (and HiFi gears).

Conventions I am following (and encourage other FMs to follow as well) for this thread:
1. Lets have a loose definition of Indian indie - any release by an Indian artist which is not Bollywood.
2. StackExchange style one song per post.
3. Order of posting does not imply any order of preference/like etc.
4. Where possible, post links which enable fellow FMs to sample the song

I believe - Agnee, Parikrama & Shilpa Rao
Agnee and Parikrama in the same title? I am sold.
What lyrics, what composition, what vocals and what instrumentation.

Last edited:
Ode to a Sunny Day - Blackstratblues
USofA has Warren Buffet; we have Warren Mendonsa and we are not complaining. There is also a live version on YT - equally good.

Last edited:
Ativa - aswekeepsearching
Good times to be around and owning a stereo setup. This is from the album Khwab, might as well checkout the full album.

Sleep Awake - aswekeepsearching
Another one from AWKS, this time from the album Zia. The percussion on this one! o_O

Philosophize - Parekh & Singh
There are thoughts and there are worries; sometimes it feels like my heart is in a hurry - Do not miss this one!

Man Manam - Sonam Kalra & The Sufi Gospel
Beautiful fusion presentation of a folk song. While the team has many performances of this song, the best for sampling on YT is from Coke Studio.

Pagal - Winit Tikoo
Another one from the same episode of coke studio and equally soothing. The Sarangi on this one though. :eek:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back