The Bristol hifi show - 2023

Anyone planning to be here for this from the 24th to 26th of this month ?

This is the UK’s Largest & Longest Running Hi-Fi Show Now In Its 34th Year.

I am planning to be there on the 25th. Do let me know if anyone wants to catch up.
Iam not in the UK. But since you are there, I would recommend trying to attend the hifiwigwam.com show. It is an enthusiast's display of their own systems and not by dealers or manufacturers etc. So will have to keep our expectations low. But will be a fun afternoon all the same 😜

I see Soulnote as one of the participants. If you encounter them, would love your thoughts on their sound. Cheers and have a great time.

Audio shows are probably the only thing I miss about not living abroad :)
Sure. Will do. Interesting product.

@Other folks, do let me know if you want me to listen to anything interesting. See the list of products in the link.

Iam not in the UK. But since you are there, I would recommend trying to attend the hifiwigwam.com show. It is an enthusiast's display of their own systems and not by dealers or manufacturers etc. So will have to keep our expectations low. But will be a fun afternoon all the same 😜
Will do this too. It is in October. I have my eyes on it already. It is a different perspective, I agree.

If you could drop by the ATC booth and ask them why they have so little information available on speaker specs beyond the usual standard information. It's been a huge disappointment for me in terms of how poor their response is to email or social media. On their website, they are still using images of the previous version of the SCM20.

I guess all I am asking for is for some impedance curves that would help with amplifier selection etc. ;)

Enjoy the show! Share some pictures of your visit for all of us here!

If you could drop by the ATC booth and ask them why they have so little information available on speaker specs beyond the usual standard information. It's been a huge disappointment for me in terms of how poor their response is to email or social media. On their website, they are still using images of the previous version of the SCM20.

I guess all I am asking for is for some impedance curves that would help with amplifier selection etc. ;)

Enjoy the show! Share some pictures of your visit for all of us here!

Sure, will chat to the ATC folks!

Another product I am very interested to know more about is Graham Slee Audio.
Should be interesting to know more about their Majestic Preamp/DAC and Proprius Amps.

Another product I am very interested to know more about is Graham Slee Audio.
Should be interesting to know more about their Majestic Preamp/DAC and Proprius Amps.

Sure, will check those out too. The propuis are 26w amps. Good for high sensitivity speakers ? I like these new products. Quite small and cleverly designed. Knowing Graham Slee, I am sure they sound very good.

Folks, The show was really nice. I will keep doing one or two posts at a time over the next 1 or 2 weeks. I don't have the time to do a full show post all at once.
@Nikhil , unfortunately I could not find Graham Slee at the show. The guy at the ATC room was a marketing guy who did not have a clue. He gave me the standard reply. " Please check the website " Sorry, buddy !

The big Fyne audio speaker on demo was the biggest in the classic line-up. They sound just like the top most models from Tannoy with probably a bit more resolution and finesse. Outstanding sound. Powered by unison research performance anniversary amplfier.
Fyne 7.jpg

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them on here.

The Fyne Audio Vintage series looks absolutely stunning.
It's great to see that a lot of the Tannoy heritage is still going strong albeit in another avatar.
I was looking at their F1-5 Bookshelf speaker during my speaker search last year.
Just superb British engineering with a fit and finish to match the heritage.

The ATC room was playing the ATC SCM 50 actives using their own preamp / cd player / dac combination product called the CDA 2. I felt the speakers were not playing to its full potential due to the limitations of the source. The sound was very musical and natural though. I missed the really high resolution and air the speaker is actually capable of. I have heard them elsewhere so I know what they can do.
ATC 1.jpg

The Lyngdorf room was outstanding. This system is capable of some great timing and soundstaging ( all directions ) ! Extremely entertaining system. Usually DSP does some crazy thing to the tone but I did not witness that problem here. DSP is here to stay folks ! One of the best rooms at the show!
Lyngdorf.jpg

Thanks @square_wave for sharing. I do believe Fyne is a great brand and they are in the right track of making wonderful speakers across the range . do they sound like tannoys ie the Warmish deep rich sound ?

Thanks @square_wave for sharing. I do believe Fyne is a great brand and they are in the right track of making wonderful speakers across the range . do they sound like tannoys ie the Warmish deep rich sound ?
Yep. They tend to sway slightly towards warm without making a bold statement that " I am a warm sounding speaker ! ". I would say that the natural warmth of the music comes through in spades. Deep and rich sound with a lot of the natural tone of acoustic instruments and human voice coming through.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back