The End

prem

After 3 decades of owning a variety of sources, amps, speakers, cables, racks, room correction devices and power conditioning devices, I have finally settled on my system which hopefully will last me through the next decade.

Only the ic is left to be finalised, which I shall hopefully do by next month end.

Excited Cat GIF

Final System

EMT 950 with its own console, 929 tonearm and TSD 15 spherical tip cartridge

Thoress phono enhancer isolated with two slabs of one inch steel separated by O rings

Thoress EHT integrated amp isolated with two slabs of one inch steel separated by O rings

JBL 4343 speakers isolated with a steel isolation platform filled with lead and sand, designed by Sound Foundations

Denon AK-5000 speaker cables

Radio Shack ic or Ortofon 6NX 605 ic

Dedicated Romex power line from meter box to system outlet.

Ching Cheng power cables

This is what I would typically call 'Biting more than I can chew'. I am not going to pretend to understand the equipment that you are using. I listen to music on my AVR.

From what I remember, you have retained the speakers that you have. If ever I am in Mumbai, I would love to listen to your system. If you will have me, that is. Congrats are in order though. Enjoy, Sir.

The End.

Final System

Thoress phono enhancer isolated with two slabs of one inch steel separated by O rings

Thoress EHT integrated amp isolated with two slabs of one inch steel separated by O rings

JBL 4343 speakers isolated with a steel isolation platform filled with lead and sand, designed by Sound Foundations

Ching Cheng power cables
Congratulations Prem.

Final System

Ching Cheng power cables
I am sure this system will sound just the way you want. All the components and connections seem to be ones that were throughly researched and found to be working in synergy with the gear. A labour of love. Congratulations !

I need to thank

David Karmeli, who manufactures probably the best turntable in the world called the AS 2000, for all his guidance. Without his help, I would never have reached this far. Even though I bought nothing from him, he helped me with the cable and isolation choice and pointed me in the direction of the JBL 4343 speakers

Reinhard Thoress for making one of the finest phono and amps in the world. He was always there for me whenever I had a doubt. And trust me, I had many :)

Dusch for refurbishing and restoring my EMT 950 to perfection.

Frank Tchang who helped me understand resonance

And finally thanks to my two constant partners in crime, Arj and Dr Bass.

Last edited:
Congrats Prem! For stating boldly that you have reached the end of your road! I don’t believe it and I am willing to wager a bet. Particularly when you have friends like Dr. Bass and Arj. They are a incendiary combination!

Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

I need to thank

David Karmeli, who manufactures probably the best turntable in the world called the AS 2000, for all his guidance. Without his help, I would never have reached this far. Even though I bought nothing from him, he helped me with the cable and isolation choice and pointed me in the direction of the JBL 4343 speakers

Reinhard Thoress for making one of the finest phono and amps in the world. He was always there for me whenever I had a doubt. And trust me, I had many :)

I need to thank

I refuse to believe this is the end and have the fullest of coincidence in you prem :D :D that you will find some other tweak to research

The last few years has been a fantastic journey with you with deep research in areas like - Dielectrics, resonances, wave propagation, harmonics , impact of hardwood, tube vs SS , different cantilevers and stylus tips, radio shack cables, fuses, grounding mechanisms, isolation, lossy vs coupling , cable topologies and so many many more. each of which has been a learning which has only made this hobby a pleasure to be in !

As above, its not the end since the Fat lady aint sung :) so awaiting the next adventure

You guys are useless. Here I am saying I am retiring and you guys are trying to pull me out of retirement. :)

Congrats Prem! For stating boldly that you have reached the end of your road! I don’t believe it and I am willing to wager a bet. Particularly when you have friends like Dr. Bass and Arj. They are a incendiary combination!

Enjoy it while it lasts!!!
I guess I need to change my friends :)

I refuse to believe this is the end and have the fullest of coincidence in you prem :D :D that you will find some other tweak to research

The last few years has been a fantastic journey with you with deep research in areas like - Dielectrics, resonances, wave propagation, harmonics , impact of hardwood, tube vs SS , different cantilevers and stylus tips, radio shack cables, fuses, grounding mechanisms, isolation, lossy vs coupling , cable topologies and so many many more. each of which has been a learning which has only made this hobby a pleasure to be in !

As above, its not the end since the Fat lady aint sung :) so awaiting the next adventure
Don’t do any further research lest Princeton will come home and give you PhD.

After 3 decades of owning a variety of sources, amps, speakers, cables, racks, room correction devices and power conditioning devices, I have finally settled on my system which hopefully will last me through the next decade.

Only the ic is left to be finalised, which I shall hopefully do by next month end.
Congratulations Prem and thank you for sharing your learnings and experiences through numerous posts and threads over years on this forum.

There is no "End to End". Always it can be broken.

Some time back , somewhere i have written my Altec A5 build is the last project for my home listening. Hope i will stick to it...

Also in profession i want to retire early, but somehow it is continuing and could not come out...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back