On sale here is the infocus X1. not the X1a, which is the stripped down version, but the X1.
some of you who are on team-bhp as well may have seen the ad that I was "made" to put up there, last year, when I got my full HD projector..
Team-BHP Classifieds - Price corrected: Infocus X1/ Screenplay 4800 DLP projector - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
subsequently, when my wife saw my original discouraging post and the asking price (INR25k) i was made to change that!
well the deal is like this..
it's not been used since that time.. i'd though I'd use it with my son to play computer games, or watch movies when we go out of town, but it's really never happened. And now, I myself am beginning to feel.. what a waste.. the projector is a great thing, but it is meant to be used. and this is growing old without some one using it.
So I'm offering it for sale (without reluctance, this time)
Infocus x1 DLP projector with faroudja dcdi video processing.
(identical to the celebrated screenplay 4800 except for the firmware and remote, and you can flash the screenplay firmware if you want those kind of gamma curves)
with the proj you get the following
power cable, remote, s-video cable, vga - d-sub cable, 480i component adapter, (a separate accessory), 480p component adapter (a separate accessory). I can throw in a component cable and another d-sub cable (longer) FOC. no screen, i've already given that to Hemant Waghe.
the proj is really good with movies. it's not as bright as the current crop of new projectors, (1100 lumens), but it works fine in the daytime in a room with curtains drawn and lights off.
works extremely well with sd content.. i remember how good dish tv looked on this.. unless you have a really really high end dvd player, feed it an interlaced signal and let it do the deinterlacing.
the lamp should go on for another 3000hrs. rated life of 4k hours(That's a lot more than you think).. we have done some 800hrs in 5 years and even with our HD projector, when we watch about 2-3 movies a week, it's about 300hrs in a year)
of course, YMMV, and some people have got upto 7100hrs from the lamp. but a life of less than 3k hours is rare
remember, that it's a dlp, so it's not likely to get screen fades the way older lcds used to.
Price - Rs 12,000.
(I would like to give 10% of sale proceeds to HFV for keeping doing the indian AV enthusiasts community such a great service)
Shipping costs if any to be borne by the buyer
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.