• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale The great AV sale - part 6 - HD-DVD/BD HTPC

Wharfedale EVO4.4
Status
Not open for further replies.

kapvin

another unreasonable order from the high command - now that you have an xtreamer Pro, get rid of at least 1 HTPC

so here goes

Blu-ray+HD-DVD+DVD playback HTPC
Intel dual core 45nm E5200 2.5GHZ oc'd to 3.33 ghz
4 GB RAM
750 GB HDD
iball 308 case
GA-EG43M-S2H (rev. 1.1)motherboard
LG BD-rom/ DVD writer GBC-H20L cross flashed to GGC-H20L. tested, plays HD-DVDs fine.
video outputs - HDMI w/HDCP, DVI w/ HDCP, VGA-Dsub
audio outputs - HDMI (PCM), toslink SPdif, 7.1 analog output

WIN 7 prof. (OEM)
HD-DVD/BD playback with powerDVD 7.3 (LG OEM) 7MC integration
bd region changer for multi region BD playback
RPC autoset in hardware for multiregion DVD playback

Working great with all regions BDs, and with HD-DVDs
however, was mostly used to play back movies already backed up on the NAS (hence the preference for the more compact and wife friendly xtreamer)

Outstanding Picture quality, way better than xtreamer, better than the ps3 and about as good current BD players.
much better than any BD player for "HD ready" tvs- handles the "odd resolution" - 1366x 768 much more gracefully than a bdp which can output only 1280x720 or 1920 x1080

Price Rs 14,000/-
Open to look at exchanges / trades in kind for this..

Shipping costs if any to be borne by the buyer

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  5. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  6. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  7. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  8. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  9. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.
Last edited:

kapvin

Okay forgot to add the following things that are part of the package

logitech cordless keyboard
logitech cordless mouse

also to sweeten the deal.. a sealed copy of "this is it by micheal jackson" blue-ray (this is the one i got free with my sony bdp)

bansal98

Any idea how much will it cost to ship it to Bangalore? Also, does it play 1080p files smoothly?

Last edited:

kapvin

Any idea how much will it cost to ship it to Bangalore? Also, does it play 1080p files smoothly?
Hi Bansal98,

it plays 1080p with absolute confidence!

I would absolutely not ship it, unless i dismantle it. HDDs and optical drives are delicate, and i have had horror stories in past while shifting houses and lost my hdd data when i unpacked the computer.

I will be visiting blr in the next 2 weeks, so I can carry in a finite amount of stuff personally. this would really be on a "first come first serve" confirmation & payment!

cheers

Kapil

bansal98

I was hoping there would be more interest in this HTPC compared to other things for sale. This is worlds better than all those Xtreamers and POHDs and at a great price too.

kapvin

Yeah. The cabinet looks a bit out of place in living room but otherwise it's pretty good.
^^

It will look completely out of place among all the other decor.. :)..
Except for the cabby, its a very good config also.

come, come.. it's not all bad!!! i guess you missed the glitzy car stickers my son has put on the side panel. they'll really lift the decor of the classiest room! oops, there's actually visible in pic 2.
:eek:hyeah:

on a more serious note, you could easily change the cabinet, to something mroe in sync with your decor.

regards

kapvin

Hi,

a lot of people have queried me about the final price for this, giving me the impression that they think there is a lot of room for negotiation.

well, if a lower price is more attractive then here is a new price

Rs 12,000/- for the product as described in the original post. no mouse or keyboard included (cordless or otherwise). no free blu-ray of MJ.

you attach your own mouse / monitor / keyboard and you are good to go (like the mac mini)

please let's not nego below this. please pm me your confirmation if you are interested. shipping at buyer's cost.

regards

anm

I may be in b'lore end of this month - pls see my thread in general chit chat.
How difficult is to take a comp via flight?

kapvin

hi anm,

do i discern that you are interested in the HTPC? if yes, i m in mumbai, not bangalore, and getting stuff to delhi is not too difficult. (i just got back from delhi today)

Kapil

kapvin

ot- i d like to know the entry level prices in india for the bd drive such as urs. brand new. also what motherboard can it b used with?
i got it cheap. there's a thread about it somewhere. now that drive (hd-dvd/bd) capable is not available. only-bd capability drives are about 6k.

you can use this with any mobo that supports sata. in most cases where the mobo integrated graphics/audio does not enforce a PAVP (protected audio-video path), you'll need to use an Ati 5xxx video card or an nvidia gt2xx+

ideally, look at a core 2duo 2ghz+ cpu

cheers

spirovious

I m interested in BD-rom(you know that)& you may not sale seperately?
by the way Kapil, 12k is good price ,I already have Intel config.

kapvin

I m interested in BD-rom(you know that)& you may not sale seperately?
by the way Kapil, 12k is good price ,I already have Intel config.
Not separately!

anyway, the HTPC is sold.

thank you all for your interest.

I will donate 5% each on my behalf and the buyer's behalf (10% total) to HFV to encourage the forum to keep up the great work!

with just a few items left for sale, I hope to do the donation through one transaction.

best regards

Kapvin

Status
Not open for further replies.