As promised, up for sale, is my second Technics SP10 MK2 Direct Drive Turntable. This turntable was purchased by me in the United States over a year ago and has been one of my primary decks. The history is that this one was purchased by the original owner from a recording studio in the early 2000s and he got it professionally refurbished by Technics experts, and brought up to factory specs. The refurbishment included a fresh coat of paint, complete recapping with high-tolerance capacitors, LED strobe and calibration to factory specs. In short, this turntable is the closest I could get to owning a brand new SP10 MK2.
The reason for letting this magnificent legend go is that I am currently in the process of upgrading and need the funds. Upgrades at the higher end can get mighty expensive.
Condition: The turntable is in near mint condition with some minor signs of wear. These are not very noticeable unless you look at the turntable with a very critical eye. I would say, 9/10.
Here the primary details:
Deck: Technics SP10 MK2 (made in Japan), with cabling
Platter Mat: OEM Technics SP10 MK2
Powersupply: OEM Technics SH-10E with cabling (its a 220volts model which is fully refurbished and recapped in Australia. I had 2 with my earlier SP10 mk2)
45 rpm Adaptor: OEM Technics SP10 MK2 aluminium 45 rpm puck
Note: more details on the machine specs are easily available over the internet
Also included are what remains after trading my other SP10 MK2:
Remote: OEM Technics SH-10R remote, matching one for SP10 Mk2
Tonearm: Syntec S220 (Also called Sedco S220)
Cartridge: Stanton 500 Moving Magnetic
Stylii: 890 AL (5 nos, 1 on cartridge and 4 spare in new condition) in original case
Interconnects: OEM Syntec S220 tonearm cabling, with RCAs and groundwire
Phonostage: Sedco BA-3c broadcast phonostage with mono block design, with independent level, bass and treble controls
Phonostage Powersource: I have always used a battery powersource for this phonostage but will provide its original Sedco PS-1 regulated powersupply unit at no extra cost (actually I have no use for it once the phonostage is taken, hence including it).
The phonostage and its powersupply came from Australia, hence the Aussie mains plugs for 220volts. Also the phonostage is not in great cosmetic condition as it was probably stuffed under some electronics in the studio where it came from, however it is 100% perfect with its functionality.
Also included as a give-away:
A spare plinth (had 2 of these and one was used with the other SP10 Mk2) which was lying with me. It does have some wood damage, but I am including it as I have no use for it. I have converted my existing SP10 custom made plinth into a Garrard-compatible one. The new owner is advised to have a suitable plinth done up, and can use this plinth till such time. With some simple DIY, the wood damage can be easily repaired and this plinth itself can be put to good use.
Technics SP10 MK2s are highly sort after and specimens in similar condition cost over $5000 over the internet. I paid $3800 (USD) for the deck alone and a further $670 (AUD) for the powersupply. The rest all came as part of the other SP10 purchase.
My price for the SP10 Mk2 Motor (turntable) and powersupply is Rs.165,000/-. The rest what you see, like the SP10 remote, tonearm, phonostage, cartridge, styli and the plinth are included complimentary as I have no use for these and don't want to keep them lying around. The Stanton styli comes with its original Stanton case. Also please don't over quote to jump ahead in the queue. This is not a fair practice (you won't believe this, but this has happened to me before on the forum )
If you put together all that you see in the pictures, all you will need is a amplifier and a pair of speakers and you'll be all set.
The deck and all that comes with it will be securely packed and shipped anywhere across India. The platter and motor assembly will be securely fastened using a Technics locking system for transportation. There will be no additional cost of shipping.
Please PM me with details of your interest. I am afraid I cannot drop any lower on the price as I have already included a huge discount and all the complimentary stuff. I have also received lots of interest from within and outside the forum as well. However prefer to let this go to one of our lucky FMs. Though there is substantial interest, from forum members, thought I'll put up the advert to even out the playing field.
Here are the pictures:
View of the wood damage:
Underside of the Plinth:
Underside view of the wood damage:
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.