The Hyderabad Audio meet 2013

rud3dawg

Dear audiophiles and enthusiasts,

I know that this winter was a very long and dreary one, especially for the Hyderabadis . Now I guess we can welcome the hot scorch summer here by getting together and having the long overdue Hyderabad Audiophile Meet ver2.0.1.3
Game plan: Spending some quality time alongside people with highly similar tastes and obsessions (In audio especially) and have some high quality & comprehensive listening experience of few high fidelity & highly acclaimed Analog & digital equipment (guess thats high enough!!!).

We request all the FMs to join us in making this meet a success & to build a stronghold for all the audio enthusiasts & audiophiles in this city. This meet that we organize is the first step to a tradition of numerous such eventful and spectacular meets to come. This meet is going to make for a very good experience with some amazing setups & is going to be a bit of bit of dj vu in the aspects of the
location and an organizer from 2011 meet.

The details are as follows:

Venue: Hotel Kens ; Srinagar Colony. Some pics taken today

& Here's the location on the map...
kensongooglemaps.png

Date: 14th Apr 2013 (Most probable date as of now )
Organizers: Sachin(s_sachin),Sarin (Rud3dawg), Tanoj(Tanoj)
Sponsers(As of now) :We also have the good fortune of having the Analogue Audio labs & Audio people demoing some of their loveable equipment just to sweeten your day, courtesy our ever so helpful Capn Rajesh. We are in pursuit of couple more sponsors as of now.

I request all the FMs, the ones both in and out of HYD to make it memorable meet for us & yourselves too by a visit and probably some time getting to know us Hyderabadis. Dont forget that your support will drive us, just like a pair of high sensitive speakers with a high powered Stereo integrated amp

Their equipment list is as follows:

Analogue Audio Labs equipment:

1. VP-845 - 35 WPC Class A Single Ended Integrated amp based on 845 Tubes.
2. A-150 - 50WPC Class AB Push Pull Integrated amp based on KT88 Tubes.
3. A-101i - 18 WPC Hybrid Integrated amp with 6N1 tube pre & MOSFETs in the power.

Audio people equipment

1. Pathos amplifiers
2. MBL amplifiers and speakers
3. Acapella speakers
4. Avalon speakers
5. Thiel speakers

Here are couple of spreadsheets to get you started

Spreadsheet for the Attendees registration along with any gear (optional)

Spreadsheet for the list of songs

* For the songs list that we want all the visiting FMs to indulge us in which will be later shortlisted to suit the listening duration for all the setups
* This list shall be put in a consolidated form by one of us ..

Hope to see you all there!!!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Since Audio people are already bringing in the thiels, Mine will be redundant if I bring. I will bring the musical fidelity amp and the quantum cables.

Since Audio people are already bringing in the thiels, Mine will be redundant if I bring. I will bring the musical fidelity amp and the quantum cables.

Aye!! please update in the spreadsheet also..:) and where have you been Blasto.. seem to be very busy these days!!

Last edited:
Are audio people getting their Monitor Audio speakers? If not, I can get my RX6

Not very sure will need to check back with them, however i dont see MA speakers in the list they mentioned so i guess you need to get them

Friends please suggest more refrence audio tracks...

I am counting on days... since the time is passing by like so faster these days ... only 18 days left for the event.... already excited

Are audio people getting their Monitor Audio speakers? If not, I can get my RX6.

Yup Mowgli80, I would suggest adding the gear to the list , we shall co ordinate with further modifications for the gear also. This way we ll know what options we have for FM setups(If members are interested in pairing with others equipements) :rolleyes:

Thank you for initiative. I have a Squeezebox Touch. Not sure if anybody like to hear it, since its production is already stopped. If it can be used do let me know.

Thx
Amit

Amit, Please do update the sheet. Based on the interest and time available on the day we will request you to get it.

myself or my brother might be able to attend. I dont know if I can get any of my speakers or any other equipment.

Thanks
Pandu

Friends please suggest more refrence audio tracks....

i have few HD tracks and lots of Bollywood FLAC collection(can't vouch for the quality though! To my novice ears, they sound good), not sure if FMs will be interested in listening to them. I can share the list and if we need any, i will bring them along.

Yup Mowgli80, I would suggest adding the gear to the list , we shall co ordinate with further modifications for the gear also. This way we ll know what options we have for FM setups(If members are interested in pairing with others equipements) :rolleyes:

if anyone is interested in listening to HRT MS2, then i can bring that but obviously we need a laptop which i dont have. lets see if anyone will bring a laptop.

Venue has been changed!! News to me. How much does the new venue cost?
this is news to me too and yes, please update the cost details.

Also guys, i dont find any one talking about portable gear and headphones. Is someone else interested in bringing/listening-to portable gear? i can bring 2 IEMs and OB Headphones.

Last edited:
i have few HD tracks and lots of Bollywood FLAC collection(can't vouch for the quality though! To my novice ears, they sound good), not sure if FMs will be interested in listening to them. I can share the list and if we need any, i will bring them along.

if anyone is interested in listening to HRT MS2, then i can bring that but obviously we need a laptop which i dont have. lets see if anyone will bring a laptop.

this is news to me too and yes, please update the cost details.

Also guys, i dont find any one talking about portable gear and headphones. Is someone else interested in bringing/listening-to portable gear? i can bring 2 IEMs and OB Headphones.

Yup Rakesh you should do that fill up the list and we ll take it from there... I am sure we can accommodate Headphone amps and setups. Yes the cost will be given shortly.. as we are still checking the prices to make it even better meet than the last time... but please do remember if you are planning to share someone else's component(s) please do fill the list :p

myself or my brother might be able to attend. I dont know if I can get any of my speakers or any other equipment.

Thanks
Pandu

I am sure its alright if you are not able to get any equipment I sure hope you would enjoy being there along with your brother listening to some quality equipment.

Last edited:
I will also try to attend the same.i have some SACD's and loads of rock music.
Will update the sheet shortly

Sarin,

Put some more efforts and try to book an small hall for each sponsor and another room for your equipment's and no-doubt you guys will enjoy the show thru out the day.

I could have expressed my interest if it is of 3rd or 4th week of april, 2nd week we have poojas here.

Congrats in advance for an successful meet.

Thanks a lot Srini and we ll definitely look into your suggestions and hope some of you other places get to visit the meet too ;)

A request to all the Attendees who would like to bring your gear.

Please update the sheet with the appropriate details inclusive of the model numbers even, ASAP so that the planning can go seamlessly.

The sponsors are bringing in very high end gear. Good to listen to and aspire for. However I feel there should be some representative gear at entry / mid levels also. Either from sponsors or other FMs

Agree with both Jagdish and Srini. A separate room for the sponsors mean they are not time sharing with anyody and get their sponsorship's worth to advertise their products. It also allows us more time to hear lot more of fellow FMs varied gear, some of which is not available locally, which makes them interesting to judge our own equipment against and will also help FMs wanting to buy new gear to get a better picture of whats available out there :).

Hello Everyone, As a part of the Hyderabad Audio meet 2.0.1.3 :p the organizers would really appreciate if you would please update the spreadsheets as soon as possible to get the ball rolling.. time is of the essence guys!!!

Back