• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

The Magic of Tube 45, Full Range and Open Baffles

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 4.2 Speakers

yogibear

The Tube 45 Single Ended Pure Class A with Tamura Power and Output Transformers gets fired today. 6AX5 rectifier and 6SN7 driver stage tubes, point to point wiring, 1.5 watts of pure superlative magic @8 ohms.

Full Range Driver: National 8PW1 8”, 95dB 8 ohms, 17k-100hz, no crossovers.

OB setup: 2 way with bass, picking over from 140hz to 35hz.

Impressions: I have never heard such vocals and highs ever. Diana is right there in the room with “temptations” !!!

FAEA2E44-2A87-454D-B2C1-3AEC7660E518.jpeg

B0FDEB0A-CCAB-4D64-AE4C-781F1A4F7927.jpeg

CE4A0D3C-73CD-473B-A783-B96C1DE07EE1.jpeg

prateekatasniya

The Tube 45 Single Ended Pure Class A with Tamura Power and Output Transformers gets fired today. 6AX5 rectifier and 6SN7 driver stage tubes, point to point wiring, 1.5 watts of pure superlative magic @8 ohms.

Full Range Driver: National 8PW1 8”, 95dB 8 ohms, 17k-100hz, no crossovers.

OB setup: 2 way with bass, picking over from 140hz to 35hz.

Impressions: I have never heard such vocals and highs ever. Diana is right there in the room with “temptations” !!!

View attachment 32566

View attachment 32567

View attachment 32568
I might visit Jaipur next month.. would love to listen..

yogibear

Please excuse “still” ugly build. Next month hopefully new design gets executed. 1.5 watts of tube 45 plays fairly loud at just 10 o’clock. I don’t have the courage to go louder at present.

Next would be Full Range Rolling: Goodman’s Twin Axiette, first in que and then a few more interesting drivers.

Source is pretty simple and still high school: Headphone out from my Mac, lossless from VOX and no preamp. Those left and right channel volume controls on the amp are quite handy.

Thanks for looking. Will update with audio video clips of same song played by different FRs keeping everything exactly same.

yogibear

yogibear

do you find boomy bass ?

or maybe its just the recording..or the medium thru which we are hearing now..

regards

It’s just the recording from the phone. At times I do have some troubles because of the L shape room and hence one corner placement of right speakers but NOT in this recording.

After the next build coming up soon, I will attempt bass traps for the corner. Playing from VOX makes it easy for bass management if I need to equalize the lowest octave. But OB bass is never boomy.

Yes, this Tube 45 amp is not shy on bass at all.

yogibear

yogibear

do you find boomy bass ?

or maybe its just the recording..or the medium thru which we are hearing now..

regards

The boom that you hear in the recording is because it’s recorded by iPhone. The poor microphone isn’t able to handle it and records it poorly. Absolutely no boom. Bass is as relaxed and open as the vocals. Welcome for a listen !