The Marantz difference

This video may answer many questions arise between Marantz and Denon as brands. Both have great sound quality as I have both I may said Denon is clean and punchy but little flat and Marantz is musical and lively but little polite.

This video may answer many questions arise between Marantz and Denon as brands. Both have great sound quality as I have both I may said Denon is clean and punchy but little flat and Marantz is musical and lively but little polite.
Very true. Both are great but personal liking makes your choice

IMO in real world you won’t notice much difference in the equivalent models. Cause the room, speaker combination also has a huge impact in how it sounds over all. Only major difference is in the marantz 8xxx series as it uses a toroidal transformer. I have listened to all marantz series including the 8012 and Denon from 1xxx series to 4xxx series and owned 2400 and currently using 4500. Marantz though has better built quality and as mentioned here in the video uses better components and that is why the equivalent models do cost more then the Denon. It all comes down to preference. Some prefer the Denon and some marantz. I have even done a direct comparison of marantz 7010 and 4500 in my set up. While changing tracks in Denon I do get a cracking or distorted sound since there is a sudden change of signal but in the marantz it was clean and no such noise was observed while changing tracks.

On one of their video calls with Audioholics, i made a suggestion for 15.2 RCA out Pre-amplifier only :p on Youtube comments column.. Hoping they make one ;)..

I don't want to hear difference between Marantz Vs Denon.. i want to make a difference to my HT listening experience :D..

It is said that the Marantz SR-Series can also upscale existing HD and 4K content to 8K so more people can experience the power of 8K resolution. So it will need 8k displays and projectors at least.

When compare side by side with same speaker setup, they sound different.Denon mids used to be softer than Marantz.Newer Denon models sound better though.
I have done side by side comparison at my place itself. I got a 7010 to my place once and compared it with my 4500 which isn’t fair since 7010 is an older version. Like I said yes difference is there but In real world it isn’t much on equivalent models. Both sound more or less the same

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back