The Price Disparity - Is IvoryEdge.com Genuine?

sunil04216

Hello friends,
I was looking for KEF Q300 speakers online and the price quoted by Profx (official dealer of KEF in India) is 43,000/- per pair, whereas IvoryEdge.com is selling the same speakers for 29,700/-. Now that's a great difference!!!

So what do you guys suggest? Should I go ahead and place order with IvoryEdge? Do they sell genuine products? Has anyone bought anything from them?

PS: The MRP of the speakers at IvoryEdge.com is 33,000/- :eek:

Last edited:
Even Polk Sub 110 is quoted MRP is 15,000/- while profx site says its Rs.18,500/-.

Any experience with this site in particular?

They are also on Junglee if that means anything. They have a range of KEF and other brands. The large price disparity is only on a few products.
No personal experience, though.

I bought KEF Q300 from ProFx Bangalore just one month back and the MRP was 36,000. I also got some good discounts as I bought 4 pairs in total. I can't believe that ProFx did a 20% hike in just one month. I think 43K is a crazy price for that speaker. They are very good, but 43K is too much for them. ProFx used to sell them for 33,000 MRP + 8-10% discount when USD was at 55/- :(.

One issue I saw with most of these greedy Indian dealers is that once they hike the price, they don't bring it down even if the INR gains. But INR gaining is a very very rare chance at the given circumstances :).

Check with these guys - http://htstore.in/. They do seem to have good pricing and they gave me a good offer when I got my Velodyne Sub-woofers from them. They are based in Bangalore, but ship all over India.

-John.

Last edited:
I bought KEF Q300 from ProFx Bangalore just one month back and the MRP was 36,000. I also got some good discounts as I bought 4 pairs in total. I can't believe that ProFx did a 20% hike in just one month. I think 43K is a crazy price for that speaker. They are very good, but 43K is too much for them. ProFx used to sell them for 33,000 MRP + 8-10% discount when USD was at 55/- :(.

One issue I saw with most of these greedy Indian dealers is that once they hike the price, they don't bring it down even if the INR gains. But INR gaining is a very very rare chance at the given circumstances :).

Check with these guys - The Home Theater Store. They do seem to have good pricing and they gave me a good offer when I got my Velodyne Sub-woofers from them. They are based in Bangalore, but ship all over India.

-John.

Very true. But if they (IvoryEdge) are genuine. Then it's great that at least they are not greedy.

As per their website, ivoryedge.com is based in Bangalore (JP Nagar address).
Any fellow HFVian can do us all a favour by physically checking their existence.

I just talked to their customer care. They said the prices have changed but they have not yet updated their website. The prices are same as those quoted on Profx. So bad luck.

I just talked to their customer care. They said the prices have changed but they have not yet updated their website. The prices are same as those quoted on Profx. So bad luck.

Poor us.

I called at +91 80 41100648 but an automated answering machine asked my name and number. The the line got disconnected. :eek:hyeah:

hi
i talked toboth of them
ivory edge quoted me MRP -43000, BEST PRICE 38000
PROFX CHENNAI MRP -43000, BEST PRICE 10 % DISCOUNT OVER PHONE MAY GET ADDITIONAL 5 % MAX
DOES ANY ONE KNOW OTHER PLACE TO GET IT CHEAPER

Very true. But if they (IvoryEdge) are genuine. Then it's great that at least they are not greedy.
5.gif

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back