The Sansui P-M7 Project

shaunak

Hey guys,
Looking up old stuff in the house I found an old TT and a few lps from the 60s-80s. I cleaned up the TT and tried to power it up, but like I'd guessed, nothing. Everything seems alright (no moving parts inside) but it refuses to power up.

Now I could just go get a new one but I much rather get this one repaired. There's something about these old turntables that is really awesome. I've looked up the contacts for where I can get it repaired in Mumbai and I'm going to start contacting them tomorrow morning.

Here it is in it's current condition. If there's suggestions, anything you think I need to know before I start or anyone in particular who can help, please let me know.

All help at this point is much appreciated. :)

Cheers!

Attachments

• TT (1).jpg
    TT (1).jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 108
  • TT (2).jpg
    TT (2).jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 105
  • TT (3).jpg
    TT (3).jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 105
  • TT (4).jpg
    TT (4).jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 105
  • TT (5).jpg
    TT (5).jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 105
My Akai certainly powered up, and the Turntable rotated --- but the arm did not move, and the rest of the sad story was told on another thread.

I don't know what "audiophile" vinyl guys make of these transverse decks. They seem to have become history. Theory not as sound as it seemed at the time?

The big problem with these babies: complexity. However imposing a turntable may be made to look, and whatever quality the parts, it amounts to a motor driving a platter, and an arm rotating on a bearing. Electronics finishes at speed control. I remember that my Akai deck had no less than fifteen ICs inside it, not to mention the sensors and motors that controlled the arm.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back