The smallest Personal HT set up in the smallest possible space

subhash

Hi Posting in the forum after a very long time.
Had completely lost interest in the audio & video world
More priority was to travel/dive/drive
Having big set ups sounds & looks fancy but only as long as one uses it to its full potential its worth it, otherwise it ends up catching dust ( my story)
To cut the story short , suddenly the AV bug was back i & decided to build a small system in a small space as i have moved to a much smaller apartment & do not have the luxury of the dedicated HT room which i once had.
Having a set up in the living room does not seem to be a good idea (for me)
The only place i thought of was the small balcony outside the hall (yes sounds crazy) but this was the only space which i could think of without disturbing people at home!!
Permission taken & the balcony transformed into a small den/or rather a personal hiding cave!!

Have only retained the def tech trinity sub from the previous set up (for some reason dint want to part with this one even though it lay unused)

Finally now Have gone the Htpc route (dont know exactly what to call it)

1. LG 34" Ultrawide monitor (34UC79G) - movie watching in 21:9 is altogether a different level on this beauty
2. Dell inspiron 5577 gaming laptop (upgraded to 16gb ram) This is placed behind the huge monitor
3. Yamaha AVR RXV685. (this thing is pretty good)
4. Q acoustic concept 20 Book Shelf speakers (not bad for the tiny size)
5. Q acoustic 3090 centre
6. Defenitive technology trinity subwoofer (theres nothing called overkill it shakes my seat even stronger)
7. Yamaha satellite speakers for surrounds ( need to change these soon)
8. Phillips BDP ( using it to play a few ACd's which i still have)
9 Cubetek Hi-media media player (plays any shit you give it)
10 using the old computer f&d speakers as stands for the book shelf (for the time being)20190124_181638.jpg20190124_181554.jpg20190124_181522.jpg

Last edited:

Balcony theater :p.. But, space very nicely optimised.. Do you plan to add height speakers for Atmos / Dts X?..

Your center speaker is way below ear level..

What is the dimension of the space you are using for movie watching / gaming?..

Few questions, (though off-topic) since you have the Ultrawide monitor..

You said, you have a gaming laptop.. I hope you are using the ultrawide monitor for gaming?..

What mobile do you have ? Have you tried connecting the mobile to the ultrawide display?..

Balcony theater :p.. But, space very nicely optimised.. Do you plan to add height speakers for Atmos / Dts X?..

Your center speaker is way below ear level..

What is the dimension of the space you are using for movie watching / gaming?..

Few questions, (though off-topic) since you have the Ultrawide monitor..

You said, you have a gaming laptop.. I hope you are using the ultrawide monitor for gaming?..

What mobile do you have ? Have you tried connecting the mobile to the ultrawide display?..

Thanks
Its a small den, everything is designed to be user friendly in a compact design & compact space
size of den : aprox 10 feet length & 5.5 feet wide.
Thats the the only suitable place for the center (works perfect), its tilted above firing directly with the glass slided out when watching movie.
I dont game ,main usage of the monitor is video editing / regular use / movie watching
The dell 5577 is behind the monitor ,you can see it in one of the pictures above.
Height speakers may be at a latter date

Sorry, havent tried connecting the mobile ( let me know if it serves any purpose?)

Thanks
Its a small den, everything is designed to be user friendly in a compact design & compact space
size of den : aprox 10 feet length & 5.5 feet wide.
Thats the the only suitable place for the center (works perfect), its tilted above firing directly with the glass slided out when watching movie.
I dont game ,main usage of the monitor is video editing / regular use / movie watching
The dell 5577 is behind the monitor ,you can see it in one of the pictures above.
Height speakers may be at a latter date

Ok Great..

Sorry, havent tried connecting the mobile ( let me know if it serves any purpose?)

Not a prob.. Android gaming.. Just curious on Android's Ultra wide screen compatibility if it fits the entire screen (or) stretches to fit the screen..

Hi Posting in the forum after a very long time.
Had completely lost interest in the audio & video world
More priority was to travel/dive/drive
Having big set ups sounds & looks fancy but only as long as one uses it to its full potential its worth it, otherwise it ends up catching dust ( my story)
To cut the story short , suddenly the AV bug was back i & decided to build a small system in a small space as i have moved to a much smaller apartment & do not have the luxury of the dedicated HT room which i once had.
Having a set up in the living room does not seem to be a good idea (for me)
The only place i thought of was the small balcony outside the hall (yes sounds crazy) but this was the only space which i could think of without disturbing people at home!!
Permission taken & the balcony transformed into a small den/or rather a personal hiding cave!!

Have only retained the def tech trinity sub from the previous set up (for some reason dint want to part with this one even though it lay unused)

1. LG 34" Ultrawide monitor (34UC79G) - movie watching in 21:9 is altogether a different level on this beauty
  2. Dell inspiron 5577 gaming laptop (upgraded to 16gb ram) This is placed behind the huge monitor
  3. Yamaha AVR RXV685. (this thing is pretty good)
  4. Q acoustic concept 20 Book Shelf speakers (not bad for the tiny size)
  5. Q acoustic 3090 centre
  6. Defenitive technology trinity subwoofer (theres nothing called overkill it shakes my seat even stronger)
  7. Yamaha satellite speakers for surrounds ( need to change these soon)
  8. Phillips BDP ( using it to play a few ACd's which i still have)
9 Cubetek Hi-media media player (plays any shit you give it)
10 using the old computer f&d speakers as stands for the book shelf (for the time being)View attachment 33304View attachment 33305View attachment 33306

Loved your setup and your innovative idea. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

The surrounds have been upgraded to polk T15 , for the price & being front ported these are total vfm

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back