The Ultimate LG World Record OLED TV Discussion!

LGWRSherlock

Hi all, this will be an official thread for discussion on the upcoming release of the OLED TV. Since it's already lurking around the corners in the FCC (Federal Communications Commission - an US governmental agency that handles international communications through a variety of medium), it will soon become available next year. :yahoo:

You can now check out the beauty that is the LG World Record OLED TV and its technological innovation here: LG OLED TV. The Ultimate Display

Alright, that's it for me, join in the fun!!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

LG_55_Inch_OLED_TV_02.jpg

Wow! This TV looks nice; any idea when it will be available in India?

I like the bezel; looks so thin, almost like a window in the room. The way TVs are getting thinner with each passing month I am beginning to miss my old CRT - those were the days! And if the PQ is anywhere close to what looks in the picture you have posted and is not a morphed image this will be one hot cake next year.

Hey a.nakul, thanks for interest. It's a secret, haha. I kid, I kid. When there's any news at all regarding its release in India, I will update here right away, so don't you worry :D. It will most likely be available in the US first and then in other countries later though.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey bagainitish, to be honest, I haven't personally seen the LG World Record OLED TV yet since it has been flying around the world to showrooms and trade fairs. However, from all the rave reviews it has, I have no doubt that the picture quality will be amazing. T3, one of the most prominent gadget and tech sites, has this to say about the OLED's PQ:

""OLED technology has been wowing us for the last few years, ever since we first laid eyes on the first 11-inch Sony display back at CES 2009, but we've never experienced its beauty on such a large, living room sized scale. We were absolutely stunned by the picture quality in both 2D and 3D, it really is a take-your-breath-away experience that's pretty unrivaled.

Behind the hyperbole, LG explains that the device is able to perform at such an astonishingly high level thanks to the 1,000,000,000:1 contrast ratio which is 50-times larger than the average LCD or LED television. The OLED tech is powered by LG's own Triple XD engine which comprises of Dynamic Color Enhancer (providing superior color reproduction), the Contrast Optimizer and the Resolution Upscaler.

From edge-to-edge, in both 2D and 3D we were greeted with incredible clarify and perhaps the most vibrant colours we've ever seen on a television set. We were memerized by the quality on show here. The sheer brightness of the pictures absolutely knocked our socks off, while the deep blacks were very, very deep. Viewing angles seemed quite wide in both 2D and 3D.""

Source: LG 55-inch 3D OLED TV Review: Hands-on | T3

LG WRman Sherlock out!

So, after all the long suspense and false starts, the LG OLED TV is finally arriving - I will definitely stand in a line to watch a demo! I hope everything that we have heard and read about the OLED TV is actually true!

So, after all the long suspense and false starts, the LG OLED TV is finally arriving - I will definitely stand in a line to watch a demo! I hope everything that we have heard and read about the OLED TV is actually true!

Hi kholi_pankaj, LG WRman Sherlock here,

Thanks for not giving up on us :D It's been a tough but rewarding year for LG and we are glad to be able to start putting the LG World Record OLED TV out there soon. I'll update everything that I know here as soon as I get the chance!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

What about the lifespan of the OLED TV. The concern about the same puts off many perspective buyers. What's your take on that?

Hey lakshit, the problem of lifespan for OLED TV is one of the reasons why LG put off releasing it for so long. The engineers in our lab have been working to perfect this technology to make it more effective and also prolong its lifetime. I don't have the exact numbers and statistics but I assure you the OLED TV is much more solid and strong than its delicate exterior makes it out to be.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey lakshit, the problem of lifespan for OLED TV is one of the reasons why LG put off releasing it for so long. The engineers in our lab have been working to perfect this technology to make it more effective and also prolong its lifetime. I don't have the exact numbers and statistics but I assure you the OLED TV is much more solid and strong than its delicate exterior makes it out to be.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Oh, so you mean to say that all those hurdles have been overcome? Is the panel of LG OLED TVs qualitatively different from the demo pieces earlier?

Also, can you confirm whether the model name has been changed from EM9600 to EM9700 for LG OLED TVs?

samsung and sonys playstation vita are already using the thin lightweight OLED screens in their products, but i think lgs tv is the first large scale OLED product.

The next generation of televisions is here welcome lg. Hope LG display OLED TV panel has overcome with all their previous barriers.

As I see in 2013 CES Pansonic and Sony both have introduced 4K OLED. Is there any plan of LG also to introduce 4K OLED?

Hey lakhan.j, the OLED TV has certainly been improved from its previous model last year. The purpose of exhibiting the TV at CES 2012 and other tech fairs was not only to show everyone but also to receive criticism and comments on how to make it better, to fix what needs to be fixed and to perfect the technology. Although I can't promise that it will be a perfect TV without any fault, it's definitely an improvement on an already great creation. And yes, the OLED TV new model name is LG EM9700, and the curved OLED TV will have the model no. of EA9800.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Thanks shubham garg and das.anirban for the encouragement. I do hope this OLED TV will be able to meet the high expectation that everyone has been setting ever since it was introduced to the TV world. We will have to wait until the end of next month to see the first shipment of the OLED TV in Korea. Then we can see the reviews and comments of real customers on how great this TV could be. Fingers crossed!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

As I see in 2013 CES Pansonic and Sony both have introduced 4K OLED. Is there any plan of LG also to introduce 4K OLED?

Hey amit.nagar, a 4K OLED TV really does sound tempting, doesn't it? I can't reveal any plans for LG's upcoming project yet as we'd like to keep it as a surprise for everyone. This year, we have quite a lot of new things coming out already like the curved OLED TV or the different sizes of the Ultra HD TVs so a 4K OLED TV, if it's in the pipe line, will have to wait until next year. Do check out the thread for the International CES 2013 here: http://www.hifivision.com/lg-world-record/34325-international-ces-2013-lg-world-record-2.html I will be updating very soon a list of LG World Record's new innovations for this year.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back