The "what do I do" thread

svenkateshsmart

Hi,

Sequel to the thread I just created regarding spending, and after being in this forum for a while, seeing gadgets and the setup in "showcase your setup" thread, I am just curious to know the profession of the members here and the business arena you are involved in.

I just thought this would take us more closer and we can always, if interested, discuss about our profession as well during the meets or otherwise.

Just curious to know how most of you are able to find time for being around here, I am really finding it hard and my boss has already started making fun that they always get to see only this forum on my desktop at work other than the docs pertaining to my work. My boss does not have a problem with this, because my day is quite evenly placed at work and, being in the BPO, we are available 24x7 to our clients through our smartphones, blackberry, etc.

I want to know what is your profession and which industry/sector do you belong and your designation, if possible, and number of years of experience in this industry and NO names of companies, etc.

To start with, I belong to the BPO sector, heading 2 branches in Chennai and, serving US hopsitals/clinics with their billing/coding/transcription/record management processes, before which I worked as a Network Engineer. I have a total of 7 years of experience in my current job and 1.2 years in my previous job. I am pursuing professional courses parallel to my job and looking to establish a career in the domestic sector.

Looking forward to hearing more about other members and their profession.

Cheers!

P.s.: I hope I have not violated any rules in the forum, should MOD find this thread violate of forum rules, you are free to delete this thread.

Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

I am working as Design Lead for a leading sports company. I work for their online media (Designer for websites, blogs, ads.. etc.). I am having 6.5 years of experience in this field.

Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

actually, i am embarrassed- but let me say it anyway -

in the words of a famous tight-rope walker -

" i live when i do my act - rest of my life is nothing but waiting for my audience and the tightrope"!

likewise - to quote me " i do nothing, but wait for my absolution at the hands of my objectivity and the opinion of another (forum member) i trust!":)

Why not expand the concept a bit by including basic family details ??

Self - Financial Institution. 14 years.
Wife - same
Son - Class 5

The forum homepage always remains open (but minimised) on my desktop in office. I utilise snippets of my freetime during the day to catch the updates.

Last edited:

i'm in construction business :)

- I wish- on behalf of all forum members - that you become big construction tycoon - making superb buildings, roadways, airports, satellite cities - so that you can buy the mostest, bestest audio equipment in the world - after that, you invite us to your estate where we can enjoy, and then have a dip in your swimming pool!:)

- and a ride in your humvee - and later in your lamborghini diablo

Last edited:

Originally Graphic / communication designer
Now game tester
age 24
12+ years photoshop experience :D

Hi,

That's an interesting profession.

Well I'm into 3D Animation and Visual Effects.

cheers.

Last edited:

Hi,

I am an average Joe with a job in a nationalised bank.I am in the same job for the last 27 years.( I can hear you guys groan:D) I am an office bearer of a Trade Union of our bank.I am also on the board of directors of the Welfare Society for our employees.Guys, this being a service industry i have learnt it takes very little effort to make people smile.A kind word here and a smile there and a little help makes people immensely happy.When a senior citizen or a pensioner blesses you for the little help you have done, it brightens up even a dull day.:)

cheers,
sri

Originally Graphic / communication designer
Now game tester
age 24
12+ years photoshop experience :D

I havent even seen or known a TV at the age when you first touched adobe! Lucky you!:mad:

Professionally : 4+ years in accounts,11+ years in software dev (ERP/Oracle/oracle tools/.net)
other times spent in Sketchup, Carpentery, drawing/Painting and LOT of time in Gamming.

i'm a professional con artist. i persuade people to buy products they don't need to solve problems they didn't know existed, very often by spending money they don't have.

i'm a professional con artist. i persuade people to buy products they don't need to solve problems they didn't know existed, very often by spending money they don't have.

..and we all here, are the Victims.:cool:

Hi,

I am an average Joe with a job in a nationalised bank.I am in the same job for the last 27 years.( I can hear you guys groan:D)

Nice to see a fellow Banker in the forum and I'm not groaning:D

Trust me you are not 'an average Joe' Atleast you have a passion for music. All of those other Bankers who I know of are that. They have no other interest except Banking.:eek:hyeah:

I'm an Ex-Army Captain (6 yrs) now a Security Manager in a Nationalised Bank (15+ yrs) I've a son aged 11 & daughter aged 9.

Life is rocking.:)

Last edited:

Hi, I was in 3D Animation project coordination - DQ Entertainment for 2 years and now working as Research Analyst in amanufacturing company based i HYD.

Will be joining a new startup in Hi tech, this March in their project Management.

Hey, all this time I thought you were James Bond..

Nice to see a fellow Banker in the forum and I'm not groaning:D

Trust me you are not 'an average Joe' Atleast you have a passion for music. All of those other Bankers who I know of are that. They have no other interest except Banking.:eek:hyeah:

I'm an Ex-Army Captain (6 yrs) now a Security Manager in a Nationalised Bank (15+ yrs) I've a son aged 11 & daughter aged 9.

Life is rocking.:)

I envy ya :)

- I wish- on behalf of all forum members - that you become big construction tycoon - making superb buildings, roadways, airports, satellite cities - so that you can buy the mostest, bestest audio equipment in the world - after that, you invite us to your estate where we can enjoy, and then have a dip in your swimming pool!:)

- and a ride in your humvee - and later in your lamborghini diablo

:D :yahoo: thanks bhai :cool:

Hi Friends,

I am a Chartered Accountant with around 2 yrs of work experiance in a Big4 out of total 6 yrs of experiance. Currently working with an IT MNC in Bangalore.
Got married last year, wife is an MBA HR from one of the B+ category institute.

Cheers

Back