The What Hi Fi Show 2013!

bhagwan

What Hi-Fi Audio Show October 17th @ BKC - Mumbai

WHAT HI FI? Show Mumbai-2013 - YouTube

What Hi-Fi Magazine is having an audio show @ BKC - Trident Hotel in October, 2013 - 17th to 20th
Most details are present in the You Tube link that I have posted above;

Should be nice - I hope.

Please do post any news - details etc. as they get known to any of you.

Hey,

What Hi Fi Magazine is having its first ever High-end audio and video show in Mumbai at MMRDA grounds in Bandra Kurla Complex from October 17-20 this year. Additionally, some exhibitors will also have demo rooms in the Trident (across the road from MMRDA grounds), so this is a good opportunity for you all to come and listen to some of the biggest names in AV, all in one place. Hope to see you all there!

Thats great news.Nishant told me that it could be around August.Finally Dates are announced.All the best for very first show.

Good to see that hi fi shows are starting off in our country. Hope there are good demo rooms.

Will it make sense to wait till then to buy and equpt? Will there be any sale of sound equipment like Home Cinema Packages, as special price?

Any experience form the one that happened in Feb?

Both the shows are charging a bomb to the exhibitors (2-3 lakh) for one demo room. It is surely going to discourage them. I don't understand why they need to take so much when their expense is not as much on hotel or promotions. They are probably following same path as AV MAX Expo which I guess was a big flop in Delhi (in terms of no. of visitors).

They have to realize that they have to first create a brand for exhibition, build the footfalls over a few years and for that they need to invest. It is ok only to recover the costs spent but not a great idea to make profits out of the event, in the first few years.

They need to have lot of hifi brands on display (along with mass market brands) in order to attract large crowds. Which means the exhibitors should be charged less. HiFi brands or distributors don't advertise like LG or Sony or Samsung or Bose. They need to control their overheads especially since it is still a niche market in India. If they don't get the mileage for the money they spend, then the Hifi expo business could reach the end of the road soon.

Having said that, I am eagerly looking forward to the event.

Dear Members

What would be the method of entry for visitors/enthusiasts. Do we (common people) have to buy tickets in advance to get the entry into the show or is it free entry?

Please anyone who knows inform me, since I would like to attend the show. In near future I wish to upgrade my home theatre and view this as a potential opportunity to zero in on my options.

To answer everyone's questions...

The What Hi Fi show is going to be held alongside the Autocar Performance Show (into its 6th year, I think) and the Stuff Gadget Show (in it's second year after a successful show last year), so there's plenty for everyone and it's going to be a massive venue that should keep you all occupied for a few hours at least :D...

Also, there is an entry ticket which has to be purchased, but it will be a nominal cost (Rs. 150 last year) and will cover entry to all 3 shows and the demo rooms in Trident...

- Ali (Senior Correspondent, What Hi Fi)

Re: What Hi-Fi Audio Show October 17th @ BKC - Mumbai

Thanks Ali for this information. Where should we buy the tickets from? If you could pls give us al indications for that, it'll b grt.

Cheers

Tickets can be purchased on the days of the show at the venue itself, there will be a ticket counter. There should also be some way to buy them online, but there's no advantage to buying online so you're better off just picking it up at the venue. I think buying a copy of WHF, Stuff or Autocar October issues may also get you a free ticket inside, but no guarantee on that.

Hi, just a few updates... The What Hi Fi Show 2013 is on schedule to take place from October 17th to 20th at MMRDA grounds (BKC, Mumbai) for the display stalls and Trident Hotel (BKC, just across the road from the main venue) for the demo rooms. Passes for the show will be available at the venue for Rs. 200. Also, copies of Autocar India, Stuff India or What Hi Fi India magazines (October issues for all) will get you a complimentary pass inside for single day entry. If you've subscribed on Magzter and are thus unable to tearaway the pass in the issue, just get in touch on our Facebook page and we'll send you a pass.

Hi, just a few updates... The What Hi Fi Show 2013 is on schedule to take place from October 17th to 20th at MMRDA grounds (BKC, Mumbai) for the display stalls and Trident Hotel (BKC, just across the road from the main venue) for the demo rooms. Passes for the show will be available at the venue for Rs. 200. Also, copies of Autocar India, Stuff India or What Hi Fi India magazines (October issues for all) will get you a complimentary pass inside for single day entry. If you've subscribed on Magzter and are thus unable to tearaway the pass in the issue, just get in touch on our Facebook page and we'll send you a pass.

I subscribe to all 3 on magzter. Am I entitled to 3 passes?

Since AV Max got canned, i have finally got my tickets in order for Mumbai for this show.
Will be there all day Friday, 18th.
So if anyone else is going on Friday or there is a plan to meet on the sidelines, please do inform. It will great to meet and learn from others here.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back