Thin Black Line on Sony Bravia LCD

rejeeb

My relative has a Sony KLV-32S310A Bravia LCD TV. It is 3 years old.
Recently a thin black horizontal line started to appear on the panel, initially they though some kid might have drawn a line a with pen. But it is not, any idea what could be the reason?

a thin black line means one of the signal carry cable to the LCD panel has loosened. There is a big thread regarding these issues on AVS forums. All brands are susceptible. Some people have opened the TV and applied pressure on the panel edge to find the faulty connector and then using passive pressure to keep it in place. The service centre people will twll you to replace the panel 50K. If you dont know DIY just buy a new one.

I had a similar problem with my viewsonic lcd monitor,pressing the panel at the edge did temporary remove that line,its indeed the signal carrying cable,the one located in the panel,(not the one connecting the image processing board and the lcd).

While it could have been a easy fix ,the outsourced viewsonic service center changed the panel .They said they will refurbish my panel.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back