Third Eye Blind @ Hard Rock Cafe, Hyderabad

Nikhil

Staff member
203484_454904011212943_1352281627_n.jpg

Since 1997, San Franciscos Third Eye Blind have recorded three best-selling albums and assembled one career retrospective. 3EB will release Ursa Major, their first studio collection in five years, in autumn 2009.

Led by Stephan Jenkins, 3EB won wide success during a tumultuous group of years when the major-label recording industry was finally losing its grip on an enterprise that for decades it had dominated with steely efficiency. Nothing could have made 3EB happier! 3EB, however, have experienced no comparable loss. Instead, they have gained artistic clarification -- and, surprisingly, a fan base larger than ever.

Participation in the older, untouchable realm of nervous star-making and could color a bands identity. In the case of 3EB, it often blurred the perception of their brilliant musical creations. In recent years, those creations have recast the band among a current generation of fans.

3EB now write, tour, record, and communicate in a fluid new world where their music continues naturally to evolve. Their exchange with their audience is unfiltered.

Date: 28th Nov, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/events/454904011212943/

I ended up going for this show with the wife. These guys have been pretty good from my days in college when they had their first self named hit album. For those who haven't heard them they are an alternative rock band out of California with quite a few of their songs going mainstream.

Here's their wikipedia: Third Eye Blind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hard Rock Cafe had three categories or zones. 2.5K got us into the lounge tables by the bar with unlimited liquor and starters. We were in early to get a good table and by the time the band walked in I was pretty settled in with a couple of Dewars down the chute. They were serving some great drinks - my wife was pretty happy with a couple (or three) Bombay Sapphires. Hats off to the HRC for putting together a pretty good deal IMO.

The place filled up by 9:00 and the mosh pit was full from what I could gather were the regulars. The band kicked things off in style and had the place jumping. I couldn't help but notice Stephan Jenkins being a little uneasy. I think its their first time touring India and culture shock is a factor. The HRC Hyderabad is a pretty intimate setting where you really are up close with the band. He pretty much admitted it saying that it felt weird but good that there were people here who even had a clue about their songs. He said that they were looking for inspiration during this tour of India for their next album which should be good news for 3EB fans.

As a band this is a pretty tight group. Their performance was done with an ease that comes with years of playing on some of the biggest and brightest stages there is. The guitar riffs and vocals which are typical of their sound was amazing to hear live. This is a great band and I would recommend even casual rock fans not to miss out on their shows. I think they play in Hard Rock Pune this weekend. Look up facebook for more info on their India tour.

Darn.. I knew I was forgetting about something.. Yeah I definitely would ve liked listening to them.. in a smalled confined area :)

though I liked several of their singles.. I think my favorite amongst those is 'Deep inside of you' .. must ve listened yo it every time i traveled to Karnataka & back!!! via road!!!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back