Thread to help people taking advantage of best of dussehra/diwali TV offers

arnprasad

Hi

I am planning to buy a 65 incher this diwali with 3 year warranty from one of the second tier brands like Vu or TCL (no Kevin...etc).

Flipkart has a Vu TV for 49,999 tonight and we can get Vu 3 year warranty for 10% of invoice cost...so for 55K we get a 3 year warranty 65 incher. the credit card offers only seem to knock 500 off/

I have an iffalcon and have no issues. So Amazon has TCL for 51K minus 10% if we use SBI cards..so 46k with 18 months warranty. TCL itself doesnt provide extra warranty but there are third party insurance providers on Amazon who give 2 more years for around 3500. so for around 50K we get a 3 year warranty 65 incher.

Any other such offers you are aware of? I just want a large screen for family..No HDR..No Dolby..Just a large screen with decent sound.

My two options are Vu vs TCL, 55K vs 50K and most importantly, brand warranty (Vu) vs third party warranty.

many thanks for all the help!

Also recently government announced a duty cut for large screen panel imports to encourage india assembly. You think large screens will go down further closer to China prices or 50k for a 65 incher is a very decent price that might hold for another 12 months atleast?

Apologize for asking repeated questions on the same topic. My understanding of the SBI offer was that if buy 50000 TV..we will get 5000 cash back. But on a chat i was told i will get 8000 back.. told him he was wrong..but he checked and came back and said it was right..so 42,999 for 2019 TCL model 65 inch P8E is not bad. this one was 18 months warranty. On Amazon someone is giving 2 extra years for around 4000. So for 47,000 with a 3.5 years warranty..not a bad deal no. do you know of any other way to get additional warranty? TCL itself dosnt seem to sell. Buying in a store will give me 3 years warranty but the price difference is huge. Croma is 57,000. Thx

Apologize for asking repeated questions on the same topic. My understanding of the SBI offer was that if buy 50000 TV..we will get 5000 cash back. But on a chat i was told i will get 8000 back.. told him he was wrong..but he checked and came back and said it was right..so 42,999 for 2019 TCL model 65 inch P8E is not bad. this one was 18 months warranty. On Amazon someone is giving 2 extra years for around 4000. So for 47,000 with a 3.5 years warranty..not a bad deal no. do you know of any other way to get additional warranty? TCL itself dosnt seem to sell. Buying in a store will give me 3 years warranty but the price difference is huge. Croma is 57,000. Thx
Seems to be a very good deal. Do check a demo at Croma and decide, especially check SD and HD channels, if it is to your liking go ahead. All the best.

Hi

I am planning to buy a 65 incher this diwali with 3 year warranty from one of the second tier brands like Vu or TCL (no Kevin...etc).

Flipkart has a Vu TV for 49,999 tonight and we can get Vu 3 year warranty for 10% of invoice cost...so for 55K we get a 3 year warranty 65 incher. the credit card offers only seem to knock 500 off/

I have an iffalcon and have no issues. So Amazon has TCL for 51K minus 10% if we use SBI cards..so 46k with 18 months warranty. TCL itself doesnt provide extra warranty but there are third party insurance providers on Amazon who give 2 more years for around 3500. so for around 50K we get a 3 year warranty 65 incher.

Any other such offers you are aware of? I just want a large screen for family..No HDR..No Dolby..Just a large screen with decent sound.

My two options are Vu vs TCL, 55K vs 50K and most importantly, brand warranty (Vu) vs third party warranty.

many thanks for all the help!

Also recently government announced a duty cut for large screen panel imports to encourage india assembly. You think large screens will go down further closer to China prices or 50k for a 65 incher is a very decent price that might hold for another 12 months atleast?
Stay away from TCL. They have the worst service ever you could imagine. Usually their TV's give up after a year and your ordeal will start even if you have an extended warranty. They have outsourced their service to some third rated agency and their customer care is a joke. Don't know about VU as I have not experienced any of their product.

Hi,

I am looking for new 49inch smart tv for second home which will be usually over weekends, it should support amazon and Netflix (other alternative can be some stick but would avoid) am currently using Pana plasma at my home and hence though new will be for second home but good quality, content will be bd RIP movies along with Tata or with current trending or MIs, TCL and others really don’t understand which to prefer as service would be important aspect and with current sales going on need to take advantage of it.

kindly advise and suggest

Thanks

iftalcon 65k2a is selling @ 46000 on flipkart. My 3 years old 40" Infocus is getting exchanged for 12500. So my net outgo is 33600.
I am having doubts regarding suitability of size for a viewing distance of 10ft across. Whether full hd channels on Tata sky will be good viewing or not?
Items above 50K get 3000 more discount using SBI...so better buy a TV costing 50K if u think its better than iffalcons..I do have a iffalcon 55 inch..had a prob initially but they replaced it with a new TV within two days. Both TCL and iffalcon come from same parent

Anyone has any experience with onsitego for additional insurance? on mouthshut I see mostly one star reviews. My micromax Tv which had 3 yrs warranty started having problems exactly after three years. TCL gives 18 months..hence wanted to buy their insurance for around 4K for two more years

Stay away from TCL. They have the worst service ever you could imagine. Usually their TV's give up after a year and your ordeal will start even if you have an extended warranty. They have outsourced their service to some third rated agency and their customer care is a joke. Don't know about VU as I have not experienced any of their product.
But all companies outsource their servicing to local third party vendors right? in fact today i saw some youtube videos where they are encouraging people to set up TV repair centers mentioning what all equipments they need to buy. While TCL India products might not be comparable to their US ones..given they are flying high now a days..they wouldnt sell really bad TVs in india..would they? My samsung TV too gave up after 3 years but luckily someone gave me 10K for the non functional TV

But all companies outsource their servicing to local third party vendors right? in fact today i saw some youtube videos where they are encouraging people to set up TV repair centers mentioning what all equipments they need to buy. While TCL India products might not be comparable to their US ones..given they are flying high now a days..they wouldnt sell really bad TVs in india..would they? My samsung TV too gave up after 3 years but luckily someone gave me 10K for the non functional TV
It is not the TV but the service they provide. All the top notch companies like LG, Samsung, Sony etc...provide good after service and have good network throughout India even in tier2 and tier3 cities. I would not say the same with TCL or Iffalcon. They sell their products first without establishing proper infrastructure. If a panel is dysfunctional in TCL during the warranty period you will be lucky if you get a replacement or you need to wait for months together sometimes until a replacement panel arrives. It is different in US as the consumers are protected well by their legal system unlike India. Lucky that you were able to sell of your non-functional Samsung TV but again maybe because it was a Samsung.

True..I meant except the big three..everyone else outsources their servicing. so not really sure if we can differentiate vu vs mi vs tcl in this regard
Definitely there will not be problem with the service but with the availability of spare parts. Almost all complaints will be regarding the panel change during the warranty period. I find it will always be delayed as I have experienced it myself.

Drastically dropping prices
Blaupunkt qled droped to 49k + cashback from 69k( Samsung abd Blaupunkt will be trouble makers for oneplus tv)
Metz OLED dropped 50k+cash back from 99k

Looking to upgrade speakers for Yamaha Yht 299, bookshelves and center as of now, if some know any good deal running please post and tag me.
Thanks

I ordered vu pixelight from flipkart and it should have been delivered on oct 5th..Though the product has reached nearest hub and shows out for delivery,they are not delivering it..Posted pvt msg in their twitter page and getting a standard reply from them that we are working on it and your patience is needed..This is extremely irritating for me..Anyone had similar experience with flipkart in this sale?

I ordered vu pixelight from flipkart and it should have been delivered on oct 5th..Though the product has reached nearest hub and shows out for delivery,they are not delivering it..Posted pvt msg in their twitter page and getting a standard reply from them that we are working on it and your patience is needed..This is extremely irritating for me..Anyone had similar experience with flipkart in this sale?
This does happen during the major sales like Big Billion. You will need to wait I guess. But keep checking with them.

Any thoughts on Motorola 65 incher? I could not find any in depth review of it anywhere. Reviews in Flipkart are a bit mixed, some have praised it and some have highlighted a bleeding problem at top left corner. I guess in the budget tv series it is one among which provide Dolby Vision which makes it a quite attractive tv. If any owners are there of this tv, I request them to start a owners thread here so that it would benefit all.

Sony got festival discount

BGR India: Sony 4K LED Smart TVs now available with up to Rs 30,000 discount.
Got a quote of 1.59 for sony 65X9000F form reliance digital in bangalore with plus cash back and oakter smart home kit worth 11.5k added to it

Got a quote of 1.59 for sony 65X9000F form reliance digital in bangalore with plus cash back and oakter smart home kit worth 11.5k added to it
Sony is ripping off Indian customers.today only i saw 65x9500G for 1.15lac in bangkok and in india sony is still selling last year model for additional 50K.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back