Time for upgrade - HT5.1 FS Budget 2.5-3 lakhs

agupta20

Hi guys,

Waiting for this for last one year to upgrade to HT5.1 with tower speakers and a powerful sub. Movies/Music ratio - 80/20. I have auditioned below setups as of now and i would like suggestions on what other setups I should audition in comparison to this. Also my flat is getting renovated completely so any suggestions for acoustics would be great (I have zero knowledge of this part of HT setup). I am attaching the layout for living room where I will be placing the setup. I understand its not the best layout for HT setup but I dont have any other option

Budget for HT 5.1 excluding cables is 2.5 - 3L

Setup 1 with Denon AVR
1. Dali Zensor 7
2. Paradigm Monitor 7
Conclusion - Zensor 7 was way better than Monitor 7

Setup 2 with Denon AVR
1. Dali Opticon 6
2. Paradigm monitor 9
Conclusion - Opticon 6 sliglhtly better than Monitor 9. Not sure as of now whether premium of Opticon 6 vs Monitor 9 is worth it. I plan to compare Dali Zensor 7 to Monitor 9

Setup 3
1. PSB Imagine x1T with NAD - too warm. Didnt like at all

Any comments on how should I go about designing my HT setup would be welcome

Thanks in advance to all members. Last time with advice of all members I built my current setup which I have enjoyed tremendously for last 5 years. This time with your advice I wanna build another one for next few years

Attachments

• HT setup.jpg
    HT setup.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 123
Hi guys,

Waiting for this for last one year to upgrade to HT5.1 with tower speakers and a powerful sub. Movies/Music ratio - 80/20.

From the attached image, you room size of 17 feet length & width ?..

Budget for HT 5.1 excluding cables is 2.5 - 3L

You will anyway need an upgrade in AVR.. Since you have good budget, you can look upto 7.2.4 capability in your room..

From your signature, i see you have Paradigm CT100, have you cinsidered getting an other CT100 package?..

From dual CT 100 package, you will get 10 identical satellites & 2 identical subwoofers.. you can complete 6.2.4 Atmos set-up..

Also my flat is getting renovated completely so any suggestions for acoustics would be great (I have zero knowledge of this part of HT setup).

No idea on acoustics..But, once you have completed the set-up, considering getting a Microphone to measure your room response & then approach solution..

From the attached image, you room size of 17 feet length & width ?..

You will anyway need an upgrade in AVR.. Since you have good budget, you can look upto 7.2.4 capability in your room..

From your signature, i see you have Paradigm CT100, have you cinsidered getting an other CT100 package?..

From dual CT 100 package, you will get 10 identical satellites & 2 identical subwoofers.. you can complete 6.2.4 Atmos set-up..

No idea on acoustics..But, once you have completed the set-up, considering getting a Microphone to measure your room response & then approach solution..
I am looking for complete new setup with front towers and matching AVR, center and surrounds

Width of room is 35ft

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi

If you are looking at a new setup..carry your favourite CD and movie clip and audition what is available...never reveal your actual budget to the dealer...

Since you are based in Mumbai....there are many dealers.....

FairDeal
ProFx
Sound Out
Cinebels
MZ Audio
Designer Audio
The Den
ProAudio Home

There are also other small dealers.....see who has what and make a list....see who offers the best price and warranty...

End of the day, we can suggest, bottom line you are the end user and owner...it should appeal and please you from a performance, connectivity and appearance...

Today I auditioned Acoustic Energy 305. Speakers were decent. Need to compare with others on a single day

2 questions I have
1. Showroom guy suggested to go for 2 extra in ceiling speakers and go for ATMOS. Can anyone comment whether it's worth it
2. He also suggested to go for 2 8inch sub woofers than single 12 inch subwoofer

Kindly advise

Hi,

1. Showroom guy suggested to go for 2 extra in ceiling speakers and go for ATMOS. Can anyone comment whether it's worth it - its your choice if you want all those effects....honestly a simple 5.1 or 5.2 or 7.1 or 7.2 works well with the available movie / music formats....Dolby X and Atmos formats are coming out slowly...the setup costing may go high...suggest you audition at other places too

2. He also suggested to go for 2 8inch sub woofers than single 12 inch subwoofer

It depends on what frequencies the subs can output....anything close to 20hz or lower is bliss for anyone.....if you have 2 same 8 inch subs with similar frequencies which i guess would be around 35hz...or possibly 30hz....it will get boomy....as the same thing...

I used many subs....right now using a 12 inch BIC America PL 200...goes as low as 23/24hz which suits my requirements for movies and music...does the job well...if you have a very large place to cover then 2 subs would be ideal...again check the frequencies....

Hi,

1. Showroom guy suggested to go for 2 extra in ceiling speakers and go for ATMOS. Can anyone comment whether it's worth it - its your choice if you want all those effects....honestly a simple 5.1 or 5.2 or 7.1 or 7.2 works well with the available movie / music formats....Dolby X and Atmos formats are coming out slowly...the setup costing may go high...suggest you audition at other places too

It depends on what frequencies the subs can output....anything close to 20hz or lower is bliss for anyone.....if you have 2 same 8 inch subs with similar frequencies which i guess would be around 35hz...or possibly 30hz....it will get boomy....as the same thing...

I used many subs....right now using a 12 inch BIC America PL 200...goes as low as 23/24hz which suits my requirements for movies and music...does the job well...if you have a very large place to cover then 2 subs would be ideal...again check the frequencies....
I am comparing Dali E12f and Paradigm cinema sub
Specs attached below.
fcddda675b98c4f2b0bacb829b37940e.jpg
27498f669d472dda2b90d46352d0b50e.jpg

I am comparing Dali E12f and Paradigm cinema sub
Specs attached below.
fcddda675b98c4f2b0bacb829b37940e.jpg
27498f669d472dda2b90d46352d0b50e.jpg

Hi everyone,
I am drifting towards finalizing Dali opticon 6 for fronts along with Denon AVR, matching center and pair of in ceiling for ATMOS and using my Paradigm speakers for surrounds.

Any views on above

Also need to finalize on either of two 8inch Paradigm subwoofer vs one 12 inch Dali subwoofer. Specs of both attached in previous post

Kindly share your views

Hi All,

As I was auditioning further demos, someone suggested that since my usage is mainly for movies, bookshelf or floor standers will both be the same

Any views on the same

Hi All,

As I was auditioning further demos, someone suggested that since my usage is mainly for movies, bookshelf or floor standers will both be the same

Any views on the same

I do not agree.
Again its taste and subjective imo

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Hi agupta...

Just my 2 cents. I have immense respect for elangoas experience in HT. You can save money by dropping those subs and plonking for 2 Bic America PL 200's. The Dali opticon floor standers dig deep in the bass. So maybe you just need one sub to add below the 40hz spectrum
And don't spend too much on the inceiling speakers too. With the money saved you can add a 2 channel amp from your AVR's pre-outs to the Dali opticon's. This will give you better sound on my opinion. All the best

Hi agupta...

Just my 2 cents. I have immense respect for elangoas experience in HT. You can save money by dropping those subs and plonking for 2 Bic America PL 200's. The Dali opticon floor standers dig deep in the bass. So maybe you just need one sub to add below the 40hz spectrum
And don't spend too much on the inceiling speakers too. With the money saved you can add a 2 channel amp from your AVR's pre-outs to the Dali opticon's. This will give you better sound on my opinion. All the best
Thanks I will consider it. I don't intend to spend a lot on in ceiling speakers.
For sub woofer I already have one Paradigm PDR 100. Demo guy suggested to add one more of the same. It will save cost and it should sound better. But will look at your suggestion

I am looking for complete new setup with front towers and matching AVR, center and surrounds

When you are watching movies, the crossover for LFE is 80 Hz.. You also set the speaker as "small" in settings.. This also route the bass to the subwoofer..

If the bass is taken care by sub(s), all you need is a speaker that is capable of producing 80/100Hz, which even a satellite (or) small BS should be capable of.. If you use a FS, you are using it only till 80Hz.. Juz my opinion..

I don't intend to spend a lot on in ceiling speakers.

By doubling your existing Paradigm CT100 speaker, you will have 10 satellite speaker's, which you can use it in the form of 6 bed speakers & 4 height speakers.. 6.2.4 set-up..You can consider mounting the same as heights in your room than inceiling speaker.. All identical speakers should be great HT experience..

For sub woofer I already have one Paradigm PDR 100. Demo guy suggested to add one more of the same. It will save cost and it should sound better.

Better to build from what you have already.. Since you already have a 10inch sub, adding one more would be good..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back