Topping amp specs

koushikp

Sometime ago I read in this forum about the sound quality, convenience and low footprint of the topping class D amplifiers. As I have recently sold off my stereo setup to upgrade and yet to seriously start auditioning amplifiers I thought why not get a topping amp as a stop gap measure and a 2nd amp to carry around to friend's places etc...while going through different models it was daunting and confusing given various chips used, their pros and cons and the confusing power output ratings...So I decided to compile everything in an excel file so that I can compare and take a decision, so posting the compilation here, hope it helps other fms looking at Topping amps too...

mej9.png

2020 is the sweetest of all. Not saying I have heard them all though. And from what little I have read in this Forum, it should easily be able to run your new acquisition in a small room.

Last edited:
And look beyond Topping. Indeed hifi builds very good Tripath amps too. Their 2020/21/24 amps are very very similar sounding.

For the first time, today I listened to the topping amp at a FM's home. The SQ is excellent. It was connected to KEF Q300. Source was a PC usb through a highend DAC. The volume is also sufficiently high even at the 12'O position.

For the first time, today I listened to the topping amp at a FM's home. The SQ is excellent. It was connected to KEF Q300. Source was a PC usb through a highend DAC. The volume is also sufficiently high even at the 12'O position.

Thanks baiju....I assume you are referring to the tp20?

Also, any idea which is the best place to order the topping amp from? Parts-express shipping charges are very high, and radioddity is supplying the tp20 with an inferior power supply...any other reliable source?

It is TP20. It has very good build quality, full aluminium body. He bought it from aliexpress, I think the price was around 2.5K. The PSU is a 5 amp SMPS purchased locally.

finally ordered the Indeed TA2021 from their ebay store. From what I read about it has a really good low noise power supply, components are also top notch and Peter (The owner of Indeed Hifi) was super responsive when contacted with various queries.

finally ordered the Indeed TA2021 from their ebay store. From what I read about it has a really good low noise power supply, components are also top notch and Peter (The owner of Indeed Hifi) was super responsive when contacted with various queries.
I'm sure you will be very happy with it. Yes, the PS is supposed to be VERY good.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back