Topping DAC's on HPZ

apbinu

Hi FM,

Just got message from HPZ - Topping DAC's stock available on HPZ. FM looking out desperately for different models go ahead, before the stocks are out.
I got my Topping E30 booked :D

Cheers,
:cool:

Hi FM,

Just got message from HPZ - Topping DAC's stock available on HPZ. FM looking out desperately for different models go ahead, before the stocks are out.
I got my Topping E30 booked :D

Cheers,
me too got notification email. Ordered Topping E30 :)

Last edited:
4th..
can't believe we're all happy just coz a brand is in stock at one store in the entire country :p

4th..
can't believe we're all happy just coz a brand is in stock at one store in the entire country :p
It's coz of dem Chineez. Be it their Covid or import restrictions due to their shenanigans up North, disruption of Global supply chain has a profound psychological impact in a world where planned obsolescence is a pillar of capitalistic society and fix for it is a "retail therapy".
Besides that, us audiophiles are always a giggly bunch when it comes to adding/upgrading our setup.

Anyone has link to detailed specs of E30? Specifically, I'm looking for output impedance of E30. Have a Fiio E18 Kunlun and was wondering if I could feed it's "Audio In" with RCA out of E30.

No where it is mentioned. I already checked site and user manual. Even ASR forum is also crying for this missing piece from spec. Any reason why Topping does not share this info?

It’s a pure DAC product (standard RCA out) and not headphone amplifier, if it was like dx3 pro (dac+amp) you could have found output impedance detailed mentioned in the specifications. E30 is mostly stacked with L30 as package of DAC+Amp.

Have a Fiio E18 Kunlun and was wondering if I could feed it's "Audio In" with RCA out of E30.

I guess you can do it, but why you do it? Fiio E18 is a DAC+AMP unless u have option to bypass E18 DAC (direct mode) to gain benefit of E30 DAC amplified by E18.

It’s a pure DAC product (standard RCA out) and not headphone amplifier, if it was like dx3 pro (dac+amp) you could have found output impedance detailed mentioned in the specifications. E30 is mostly stacked with L30 as package of DAC+Amp.

I guess you can do it, but why you do it? Fiio E18 is a DAC+AMP unless u have option to bypass E18 DAC (direct mode) to gain benefit of E30 DAC amplified by E18.
Nope, it works as both DAC and PreAmp and even if it was just a DAC then also it would have an output impedance, somewhere around 70 Ohms or more because AFAIK it's physically impossible for an Op-Amp to have Zero impedance, that would mean Infinite gain( I maybe wrong, have to revise on my Audio Engg. fundas) and even if a device is "just a DAC", it does have op-amps to raise analog signal to level detectable by downstream amp/pre-amp.
Fiio E18 in DAC mode isn't capable of handling DSD streams. That would've been a non-issue but I very recently got hold of some good DSD files and would like to have option of playing them in a headphone/earphone setup besides using my iBasso DC02 and Fiio M5.

Nope, it works as both DAC and PreAmp and even if it was just a DAC then also it would have an output impedance, somewhere around 70 Ohms or more because AFAIK it's physically impossible for an Op-Amp to have Zero impedance, that would mean Infinite gain( I maybe wrong, have to revise on my Audio Engg. fundas) and even if a device is "just a DAC", it does have op-amps to raise analog signal to level detectable by downstream amp/pre-amp.

Fiio E18 in DAC mode isn't capable of handling DSD streams. That would've been a non-issue but I very recently got hold of some good DSD files and would like to have option of playing them in a headphone/earphone setup besides using my iBasso DC02 and Fiio M5.

Yes its Preamp too, typical any standard line out connection has an output impedance from 100 to 600 Ohms. In case of E30 my guess is it should lesser or within that range only. With a RCA output working in pure DAC mode at fixed 2Vrms or working in Pre mode where volume is variable. IMHO, i don't believe this should be used as preamp it should be used as pure DAC only especially if your looking at DSD. In that case it makes sense to add E30 in your chain of equipments.

Can you provide more details on the M2M DAC? I'm unaware if it's a brand or a type of DAC :)

Got the E30 delivered today. Hooked them up with stock USB to my PC, powered with a Samsung phone charger, Bluerigger RCA cables going to pair of Mackie MR624.

P.S: I was using either PC mother board DAC or Hidizs dongle DAC with the powered monitors.

Initial impressions (30 mins of listening):
Vocals sound clearer and deep voices have the heft which was earlier lacking.
Instrument separation is more evident.
No difference in how solo instruments are rendered.

Happy with the size and finish.

Overall, very good first impression. Will try out different modes/filters in the coming dates and update here. You will be very happy with the stock accessories and settings :)

Note:
You'd need 2 x AAA batteries for the remote which is not included in the box.
Use a decent quality phone charger with the USB to power cable provided. If you can get a LPS or something from ifi, even better.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-18 at 3.14.36 PM (4).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-08-18 at 3.14.36 PM (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-08-18 at 3.14.36 PM (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-08-18 at 3.14.36 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-08-18 at 3.14.36 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the E30 delivered today. Hooked them up with stock USB to my PC, powered with a Samsung phone charger, Bluerigger RCA cables going to pair of Mackie MR624.

P.S: I was using either PC mother board DAC or Hidizs dongle DAC with the powered monitors.

Overall, very good first impression. Will try out different modes/filters in the coming dates and update here. You will be very happy with the stock accessories and settings :)

Note:
Use a decent quality phone charger with the USB to power cable provided. If you can get a LPS or something from ifi, even better.

View attachment 48684 View attachment 48685 View attachment 48686 View attachment 48687 View attachment 48688
Enjoy the audio! Thanks for sharing. Please share you experience with various filters if you can distinguish them or not

Note:

View attachment 48684 View attachment 48685 View attachment 48686 View attachment 48687 View attachment 48688

+1 got my E30 delivery today :) connected it with my chain of equipment, please find my Initial impressions below.

SQ:-
  • High are more refined
  • Considerable details in mids
  • Low is more punchy than normal
Build / usability :-
  • Solid build with good finish
  • Display is clear & comes with 3 levels with dimmer option
  • Easy to use remote with all the function

Cons:-
  • Filters - The one feature which i was looking forward for is kind of disappointing, frankly speaking out of 6 filters, i could really identity only 1-2 filters which are slightly distinctive, remaining 4 filters are just numbers on it :( If someone feels it differently please let me know would like to play those tracks on Spotify & test it.

Preamp:-

Compared to my AmazonBasic DAC, Overall i would say considerable improvement in SQ - but not to the extend which will "Wow" you if your very serious/picky listener.

Cheers,

Do this Topping E30, Schiit Modi 3 or ifi zen dac etc sounds better then avr . Is it worth to invest in these dac for better stereo performance then avr in built dac......

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back