Topping TP20 Compatible Speakers

Palekar

Where can I get Topping TP 20 compatible speakers in Chennai. Particularly JBL Control One.
JBL Control One Pro is available with Grand Cinema but JBL Control One seems to be available in Bangalore only. I would prefer to audition first before buying.

Any suggestions for speakers available in Chennai

Hello Palekar,
Even i am in the same boat. I have received delivery of Topping y'day and now the hunt for matching speakers starts. As extnesively discussed in the forum here the key to matching speaker is high impedance (6~8 ohms) and high sensitivity (>89 db) Apart from the JBL Control one, looking at the reviews here, probably Ushers 520 are a wonderful match. if you have that much budget (22K) you may consider them. On the paper, Monitor Audio R1/R2, PSB Alpha B1 (14K), Polk Audio (Book shelves - dont remember the model number) and Cambridge Audio S30 also should match well but I have never heard them with Topping.
I am planning to take audition for atleast couple of them by carrying along my topping however most of the hifi shops are quite far away from where I live so I am not sure when I will be able to audition it all. Cambridge audio S30 is available from the ebay india dealer for 9100/-. I am inclined towards PSB Alpha B1 having sensational reviews in that price range.

Sridheeraj: Yes went thru the entire topping thread (all 68 pages and more). Like you mentioned Grand Cinema did say he can procure S30, but no demo. Will check with "Decibel" for PSB Alpha B1. Polk should be available with Pro FX.
But main problem is finding somebody who has these models on Demo.
Did get a demo on Wharfdale 10.1. Liked it.
Should be taking a decision in the next two days.

Vivek: Need to see where Ushers are available in Chennai

Could not wait. Went ahead and brought Wharfdale 10.1 (6 ohms, 86 db). Liked it, bought it,enjoying it.:)

the tp20 supports the wharfedales?
can you give me an idea about how the combination sounds?
am trying to put up a budget system already got wharf 9.1s and now cant afford any decent amp other than this one.

Last edited:
the tp20 supports the wharfedales?
can you give me an idea about how the combination sounds?

I am a total newbee and really cannot comment on the technical part . Actually since the popularly recommended speakers were not available for Demo, I checked the ones available for Demo.
I listen to Vocals, Old Hindi Songs and Instrumentals. This did serve to my liking and hence bought it.

Guruprasad

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back