Topping TP20 Mark II with NuForce Icon uDAC2

OddieOphyle

Hello folks,

I am a newbie on this forum. Based on the recommendations in what has been a popular article, I bought the following equipment:

1. Topping TP20 Mark II
2. NuForce Icon uDAC2 (USB DAC)
3. 22 AWG Gold Plated RCA M/M Plug cables for left and right inputs from the DAC to the amp.
4. Gold plated 3.5 mm to L/R RCA convertor cables by MediaBridge.

Now I need to audition this with the right speakers. The recommendation on the website in Cambridge Audio S30. I am wondering where can I get this in Pune or Mumbai. I have also heard that JBL Control 1 pairs well with this.

Any other speaker suggestions will really help (the keyword being budget, as should be apparent).

Very important!
Also, if anybody has experience with Topping or other amps, what cables do you connect to the audio output of the amplifier. I can see two ports for the left channel (L+ and L-) and two ports for the right (R+ and R-). I tried to fit my RCA audio cables into them but they didn't fit. The ports have transparent plastic sleeves around them.

Details
I have a medium sized room - about 14 x 12. At the moment I plan to play my music from a laptop via the uDAC. The music I listen to is varied - classic rock, Indian classical, modern Indian music, etc. I am not looking for booming bass but very good clarity.

Also, feel free to suggest upgrades (although it will take me a while to get there).

Thanks!

Hi,

I've been using a mini T-amp, similar to the Topping TP20 for the last couple of months and I first also had the Cambridge Audio S30. Personally, I thought the sound wasn't very big coming from these speakers and certainly not to be put on a desk (little sound comes out of them then), better place them on heavy stands. The sound is a bit KEF like, the midrange is quite forward. I then tried the amp with some Klipsch B-2 bookshelves, which sounded a lot better, but you have to like the Klipsch sound. I've also used the T-amp with Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 and these go really well. Or a better bookshelf is Epos Epic 2, which sounds really good with the T-amp too.

PSB or Focal bookshelves should be a good match as well as these speakers are very sensitive.

You connect the Dac with phono (white and red) cables ( I have some Qed Audio cables) to the phono input of the T-amp and then speaker cables (black and red connectors) from each speaker to the L and R outputs (black and red connectors) of the T-amp.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I've been using it with JBL Control 1 and the sound is clean and bright. Great soundstage although bass could have been better while playing rock numbers.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk HD

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back