Torvin - Chennai - Are these speakers as good as foreign brands?

sudhirbhosale

Hi
Just now I talked to friend in Chennai. He owns Torvin FS speakers and he bought book shelf for his friend.
He was praising his speakers a lot.
Just want to ask any Torvin users or FM who did side by side comparison with Torvin wrt established brands like Dali etc.
I think they import drivers from Denmark and make cabinate in India so my objective of buying Indian product also get fulfilled :)

Thanks

I checked it out. Seems like they import tweeters and drivers from abroad and make enclosures.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I went for a Demo, Their Speakers are good and Amps are not so great. They are in audio industry more than couple of Decades.They can build speakers on custom type too.

Best is visit their showroom, take demo and decide.

They have impressive designs probably replica of may Hiend Brands

I went for a Demo, Their Speakers are good and Amps are not so great. They are in audio industry more than couple of Decades.They can build speakers on custom type too.

Best is visit their showroom, take demo and decide.

They have impressive designs probably replica of may Hiend Brands
Can you mention one of the showrooms where I can go and audition. I would like a custom built.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Search the forum, I remember reading a detailed review of Torvin speakers by one of our forum member couple of years back. Mentioned as one of the best India made speaker available. Mr.M.John Thankachan started the firm now is managed by his son. I have seen many forum members saying he is very approachable and technically sound.

All the best.

I upgraded from SONY Home theatre in a box to the next level in late last year (2016). After lots of shopping around, one of my friend introduced me to Torvin. I purchased Celesta FS and FACT II for center and surround. all these five speakers are connected to Yamaha RX-V679. Don't have a subwoofer yet.

I decided to purchase Torvin speakers purely based on the PASSION and knowledge showed by Mr. Tankachan. The overall demo and purchase experience was OK.

Celesta sounded superrrrrr in the demo room... but not the same output at my home (obviously the demo was on a powerful stero amp and aduio only.. didn't do a movie demo)
Also, after sale, the Torvin folks couldn't come and do the setup or even inspect the installation to ensure the consumer is getting the best out of their product. :-( little disappointed there.

Honestly, after almost one year of use, unable to conclusively say whether its good/best/bad... by i am satisfied that i purchase a 'Made in India' product. :)

Anybody in Chennai want to audition it at my please, i will be happy to showcase. PM me please.

all these five speakers are connected to Yamaha RX-V679. Don't have a subwoofer yet.

Celesta sounded superrrrrr in the demo room... but not the same output at my home .

I had similar problem with Yamaha RXV357. The reason I found iare:
1. basic Yamaha models not so great for stereo listening. Not sure of RXV 679.
2. I was using Philips DVD player which is not good at all for audio

Also pl check how you are connecting i.e. digital / analogue mode connection, what is used to play source etc. Speaker cable also play important role.

Great to hear about Torvin, they have been around for a long time.
Although i have no experience with their current range, a long time ago, in 2004, i had taken my JBL HTIB to them for a service and they did a great job.
Their speakers sounded pretty good back then.

I have visited them a lot of times, my office being close by to theirs. First impressions were decent on the Celesta and Phantom series towers. They were being run by their in hose pre-power combo, even the avr was connected to the front towers through the power amp, warm sound signature, sound pretty decent, not great. When driven only by the yamaha rxv679 they weren't that impressive. The drivers are imported from Denmark and the cabinets and the rest of the speakers are built here, neat products for the kind of enthusiasm and effort they put. However, given the price range they operate in, they are dwarfed in performance by the options in the similar price range namely the Dali z series, Monitor audio bronze 2, Elac debut even the Polk RTi sounds better.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back