Toshiba launches TV with battery back up in Asia

spiderman

Toshiba has launched a LED/LCD TV that has two hours battery back up incase of power failure. Interesting concept for cities where there is frequent power cut. :clapping:

I hope they launch this in India soon

REGZA

Quoting Text from the above website:

"The star of the Power TV lineup, the Power Charger series (PC1) is the world's first LED TV specially designed with battery operation function*. Thanks to the low power consumption of LED panel, the rechargeable battery pack provides up to 2 hours** of viewing pleasure after fully charged. Normal TV operation is able to continue seamlessly during power downtime. The Power Charger is your exclusive channel to uninterrupted entertainment in the event of power failure. "

Spiderman

Thats a nice info mate,lets wait and see how much they are gonna charge for this extra feature.

Good feature for a bedroom set. Instead of using off timer, just turn off the mains power before ~ 2hrs sleeping and tv will shut down. Save electricity and make daily use of battery to increase efficiency.

Isn't this already launched in India. I clearly remember seeing an ad of this in TOI, BLR at least 3 weeks back.

Good feature for a bedroom set. Instead of using off timer, just turn off the mains power before ~ 2hrs sleeping and tv will shut down. Save electricity and make daily use of battery to increase efficiency.

Certainly it wont be efficient with todays battery technology. Battery charging takes much more power than it can deliver during power outage.

Last edited:
What is the use if STB, DVD player, Cable wala etc will not work during power cuts?

This will rise the cost of the TV by 10k, instead get the house connected to a UPS for 10k and watch DVD, STB etc with fan on?? :D

Certainly it wont be efficient with todays battery technology. Battery charging takes much more power than it can deliver during power outage.

Certainly won't be feasible with ANY future technology also. A battery can be atmost 100% effective. It cannot be more than 100% efficient to conserve power. It will then break law of thermo-dynamics. :rolleyes:

Certainly won't be feasible with ANY future technology also. A battery can be atmost 100% effective. It cannot be more than 100% efficient to conserve power. It will then break law of thermo-dynamics. :rolleyes:

Laws of marketing can be stronger than laws of thermo dynamics ! :eek:hyeah: I love this tv with battery backup..now nothing comes between me and my entertainment; no poor infrastructure..no blasted power companies..no power theft...now its only me and my tv...ha ha ha

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back