Tower Speakers for Onkyo 3200

jmascreen

Hi,

I am planning to replace the speakers came with my onkyo 3200 with front tower speakers. I have short listed with Polk Audio TSI 400 and CERWIN Vega VE 15. Can anyone suggest a good tower speaker which has atleast 10" Woofer.

Thanks in Advance
Regards
JM

Any other suggestion. I had short listed JBL ES80 and Jamo S606. Will it be a fine match ?

These Towers I am looking for Stereo purpose. Today I had auditioned JBL 180 which lacks proper base and also Dali Ikon which was having good Base but the guy told me it wont suite my Onkyo. Tried one Dali Zensor 1 Which was also good with Active Sub Woofer.

Please suggest any good three WAY Towers. Also going to audition Polk Audio TSI 400 on monday

You are not likely to find a 10" driver on a tower speaker. Most speakers try to have a flat freq response curve which makes it difficult to crossover a 10" with 1" tweeter - at least in entry level speakers. Mfrs today use multiple smaller long excursion drivers to achieve more bass than using a single large driver that is difficult to control.

DIY tower speakers with 10" and you will get a really good one within 50K!! :)

intresting that u were auditioning Dali Ikon with 50K budget :rolleyes:

vendors will give demo first to lure the customers and later they tell the rates. That was around 1.6L. Now I am trying to do the DIY 3 WAY FL. But again look out for 12" Woofer. Hope I could get it early.

Jmascreen,

Is there any specific reason you looking for 12'' Drivers? If so then you can try out for DIY, but if you looking for Bass+Mid+High freq blended for Good sound then ,make a Choice in various Brands as 5O k Budget for FS is really good to grab one of the best.

Check-out the below link you might get better Idea http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/31356-floor-standing-speakers-below-50k.html

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already auditioned some, but none of them are having woofers of 8" and above. Seems DIY is the solution for me. And for DIY also struggling to find a 12" woofer with 8 ohms

JBL :: Product Family

Jmascreen, the configuration you are looking for is commonly used in Pro speaker setups. The above link is the JBL range. You can use them at home if that's the sound you are looking for but you will need to re-look your amps to power these types of speakers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back