Tower speakers

Wael Hamed

Hello to all...
I have always been a music enthusiast and listen primarily to rock and classical music, mainly on headphones or on simple bookshelf speakers connected to my computer since almost all my music collection is in mp3 format.
Now I want to upgrade to active tower speakers that I can connect directly to my MP3 player or removable hard drive, and I don’t think I will be interested in further upgrades that would require a separate amplifier. I will be using the speakers mostly in my average size study and occasionally outdoors at parties of up to 20 guests or so. My budget is around 30 thousand rupees, and I have been seeing brands like F&D, Altec Lansing, Bencley, Obage, etc. I am not sure if any of these will be sufficient to my needs, and would therefore appreciate your suggestions within my budget.
Thank you in advance :)

Hello to all...
I have always been a music enthusiast and listen primarily to rock and classical music, mainly on headphones or on simple bookshelf speakers connected to my computer since almost all my music collection is in mp3 format.
Now I want to upgrade to active tower speakers that I can connect directly to my MP3 player or removable hard drive, and I don’t think I will be interested in further upgrades that would require a separate amplifier. I will be using the speakers mostly in my average size study and occasionally outdoors at parties of up to 20 guests or so. My budget is around 30 thousand rupees, and I have been seeing brands like F&D, Altec Lansing, Bencley, Obage, etc. I am not sure if any of these will be sufficient to my needs, and would therefore appreciate your suggestions within my budget.
Hi Hamed....welcome to the forum :)

I don't think you will get sound quality within 30k with floor standers from any of the brands you are considering. If you can state what size area or room dimensions you need to fill with good sound, then iam sure a lot of us can chip in.

Hello to all...
A single active Pro audio speaker is a good option

Hello to all...
If you add your requirements as they are identified/develop to your earlier thread i.e. https://www.hifivision.com/threads/tower-speakers-question.88990/? , it'll elicit more helpful responses than posting it in a new query. That way, FMs would have the advantage of referring to suggestions in earlier posts and build on it.

For that sort of money, it is hard to find tower or floor stand speaker solution.
If you are okay with a single speaker solution, look at the JBL Party Box 100. This is the only speaker that will be suitable for outdoor use. You can turn off those ugly, distracting lights. The sound is good for a single box speaker. It can play loud and bass is tight. For an mp3 or streaming source, this is all you need.

For that sort of money, it is hard to find tower or floor stand speaker solution.
If you are okay with a single speaker solution, look at the JBL Party Box 100. This is the only speaker that will be suitable for outdoor use. You can turn off those ugly, distracting lights. The sound is good for a single box speaker. It can play loud and bass is tight. For an mp3 or streaming source, this is all you need.
1. u can buy a v.good Bluetooth speaker in that range like Marshall etc
2. u can buy active bookshelves
3. If u buy used, u can get more value out of ur budget
4. Altec Lansing would be a good buy too.
5. Once uv done any of the above...u can take it further with Better media quality than mp3

2. u can buy active bookshelves
3. If u buy used, u can get more value out of ur budget
4. Altec Lansing would be a good buy too.
5. Once uv done any of the above...u can take it further with Better media quality than mp3
Can Active Bookshelves be used outdoors? I mean, sure, you can, provided you have a power source.
Used, in India, is a bit of a gamble. Unless you can physically inspect the product yourself, I'd stay far away.
I don't think the FM cares about anything over mp3, for this particular application.
I'll reserve comment for Altec Lansing as I've not heard anything new from them is ages. They were a great loudspeaker manufacturer and did make some nice computer use speakers.

I forgot to mention the amazingly good Apple Home Pod mini. Suitable if you are in the iOS environment. Get two of them and you have room filling stereo sound. Not suitable for outdoors nor does it use a battery back.

Can Active Bookshelves be used outdoors? I mean, sure, you can, provided you have a power source.
Used, in India, is a bit of a gamble. Unless you can physically inspect the product yourself, I'd stay far away.
I don't think the FM cares about anything over mp3, for this particular application.
I'll reserve comment for Altec Lansing as I've not heard anything new from them is ages. They were a great loudspeaker manufacturer and did make some nice computer use speakers.

I forgot to mention the amazingly good Apple Home Pod mini. Suitable if you are in the iOS environment. Get two of them and you have room filling stereo sound. Not suitable for outdoors nor does it use a battery back.
Same thing comes in Google home products too. But the solution rqd here is outdoor + MP3. A boombox or gud BT 🔊 would be fine. For used i didn't mean active 🔊 specifically. But used BT 🔊 like Marshall cuz new is very expensive.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back