Tribute to Madhav Chari: One of India's best Jazz Pianists.

Subcenter2009

Dear friends,
I recently ordered the Madhav Chari - Parisian Thoroughfares ACD from Flipkart. This is after a very long search. I had placed repeated sourcing requests with Chennai's famous music retailers to no avail. Finally, after a long wait, I was pleasantly surprised to find the CD listed in Flipkart. It costs Rs. 295/=. I got it through Cash on delivery facility. The CD was delivered to me 2 days later in good condition.
I find that many titles that are rarely available in most retail shops are easily orderable via FlipKart. Hats of to them. They seem to be doing a great job.
They have a massive inventory. Madhav Chari is famous among audiophile circles for his fantastic piano playing skills and fleet of hand which will leave most listeners spellbound.
So order the CD today if you already don't possess it. I feel it is worth it.
Enjoy,
Subcenter2009

Please feel free to say what impresses you about Madhav Chari if you have heard him play.. Or else, try and buy the CD from Flipkart if it is not available elsewhere.
Enjoy, folks
Subcenter2009

Dear friends,
I just checked Flipkart and it seems this particular CD is out of stock. Sorry.
Please do try other retailers like Landmark or Music world and try and get a hold of this CD because it is quite well executed and recorded. This is my personal opinion and I am not working for Mr. Chari.
Hope you like it,
Subcenter2009

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look out for it.

Another well-known jazz pianist of Indian origin is Vijay Iyer. I have many of his albums including the latest one (Accelerando) but I like Historicity the most. His albums in CD format may not available in India as these have been released by small labels such as ACT.

Parisian Thoroughfares is a fine album indeed.

Do try Vijay Iyer's Accelerando, too.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back