[TRICK] Play Region Locked BluRay on Panasonic BluRay Player

soamz

I got myself a Panasonic DMP - BDT220P from Amazon last week. Tried that damn firmware hacker website, and he blocked the account 3 times. I gave up , as my time is really important for me. :mad:

Then I researched a lot of tried a lot with another friend of mine from AVS Forum. He has an older version of Panasonic BDP. So, here is how we cracked it. He said, he came to know about it from another guy. But I think, its worth a share, since it worked perfect for me. I have few Region B BluRay discs. It never played with the player . But today, I did it . :yahoo:

Here is how :

1. Insert the region locked BluRay Disc
  2. It will display a message , "This BluRay Disc will play on Region B Players only"
  3. Click on 1 on the OEM Remote
  4. It will goto the player's Blue Screen
  5. Again click on 1
  6. Let the 1 show on the top right corner
  7. As soon as it shows, click immediately on OK button
  8. Note , this above step has to be immediate
  9. Voila! The BluRay will start playing :)

I got myself a Panasonic DMP - BDT220P from Amazon last week. Tried that damn firmware hacker website, and he blocked the account 3 times. I gave up , as my time is really important for me. :mad:

Then I researched a lot of tried a lot with another friend of mine from AVS Forum. He has an older version of Panasonic BDP. So, here is how we cracked it. He said, he came to know about it from another guy. But I think, its worth a share, since it worked perfect for me. I have few Region B BluRay discs. It never played with the player . But today, I did it . :yahoo:

Here is how :

1. Insert the region locked BluRay Disc
  2. It will display a message , "This BluRay Disc will play on Region B Players only"
  3. Click on 1 on the OEM Remote
  4. It will goto the player's Blue Screen
  5. Again click on 1
  6. Let the 1 show on the top right corner
  7. As soon as it shows, click immediately on OK button
  8. Note , this above step has to be immediate
  9. Voila! The BluRay will start playing :)

:signthankspin: Does it work with all region BDs? Do you think now there is no need to do effort to unlock it?

You may try and post your results . Works perfect for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:thumbsup: Good. Keep us posted whether it plays all BD's that you try it on. Posts on the Internet indicate it only works with some BD's and not with others.

Well. I am very glad that it works for you. It does not work that way for me. I have to go: Option 2 7 0 8 .

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Well. I am very glad that it works for you. It does not work that way for me. I have to go: Option 2 7 0 8 .

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I just tried on one of my friend's panasonic bd player and it works perfect.

And yes, this doesn't always work in one try. Few times, I had to try 3 times. The main thing is the immediate action of the OK button.

That's gr8 discovery,now it can be easy to make Panasonic BDp region free without paying anything.

Not worked for me I have tried ROBOCOP and EXPANDABLE. I think this trick depends on disc. Which disc are you played with this trick please let me know.

80% of my discs are region FREE and 20% are Region B and I tried all of my Region B discs.

Plays perfect. Only 2 disc took 3-4 times to get it right.

Not sure, why Im unable to edit my 1st post, but anyways, here is the updated one :

Here is how :
Insert the region locked BluRay Disc
It will display a message , "This BluRay Disc will play on Region B Players only"
Click on STOP
It will goto the player's Blue Screen
Click on 1 on the OEM Remote
Let the 1 show on the top right corner
As soon as it shows, click immediately on OK button
Note , this above step has to be immediate
Voila! The BluRay will start playing

Not working.When i press stop the player shows THIS OPERATION IS PROHOBITED BY THIS DISC :(

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Not working.When i press stop the player shows THIS OPERATION IS PROHOBITED BY THIS DISC :(

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

What region disc it was ?

And when the error message shows , just click on STOP and it will return to the blue BD screen.

Then only click on 1 and OK.

Great discovery, but does not work with mine. I have tired plenty of times after disabling the region free firmware and making it to default.

Even if it works, what do you do for PAL DVD playback? The US player will not read PAL discs.

What region disc it was ?

And when the error message shows , just click on STOP and it will return to the blue BD screen.

Then only click on 1 and OK.

region 2 disc Robocop. When i press stop button error message shows always.
but when i am trying to play THE EXPANDABLE Region 2 disc no error message showing nothing happen.My firmware ver 1.49

Superb...

Will try it soon... I am just finalising my system....

BTW, any suggestions on a Blu Ray player? I have no budget in mind..

Ash

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back