Trinnov Altitude32 installed!

shankarcams

I just acquired the Trinnov Altitude32 (Intro | Trinnov Audio).

The Altitude is an Intel i7 based AV processor and Optimizer. As a processor it has all the usual inputs, outputs, decoders etc. Of course they are contemporary in that it decodes all the present formats including Atmos and Aura. As with most good processors it allows mapping of sources to inputs terminals, naming of sources etc.

It supports upto 32 output channels. Each channel can be one part of a biamped or triamped speaker or a full speaker itself. Assuming we are using biamped fronts in a 7.1 config, we can crossover the two front channels and produce the two outputs very precisely, and we will be using 10 channels in all. The unit supports any of the channels being subs and has advanced bass management whereby bass from any speaker can be routed to any sub.

But it is as optimizer that the unit is entirely path breaking. It optimizes across the entire spectrum (20-20) in level, time delay and phase. I have listened to the Meridian Room Correction, Dirac and Audessey, and I can honestly say that the Trinnov blows them all away. As a friend remarked - Room, Cabling, even Speakers are becoming irrelevant because powerful DSP is overcoming the shortcomings of everything else in the chain.

Am in Chennai and happy to host anyone who wants to give it a listen.

Shankar

Trinnov is sold by Audire. A word of appreciation for some truly tremendous support setting it up.

Congrats Sir.

Sure want to have a listen and will come over one day on your convenience.

Regards

great shankar. would love to audition at your convenient time. will PM you

what is the rest of your gear?

Last edited:
I just acquired the Trinnov Altitude32 (Intro | Trinnov Audio).

The Altitude is an Intel i7 based AV processor and Optimizer. As a processor it has all the usual inputs, outputs, decoders etc. Of course they are contemporary in that it decodes all the present formats including Atmos and Aura. As with most good processors it allows mapping of sources to inputs terminals, naming of sources etc.

It supports upto 32 output channels. Each channel can be one part of a biamped or triamped speaker or a full speaker itself. Assuming we are using biamped fronts in a 7.1 config, we can crossover the two front channels and produce the two outputs very precisely, and we will be using 10 channels in all. The unit supports any of the channels being subs and has advanced bass management whereby bass from any speaker can be routed to any sub.

But it is as optimizer that the unit is entirely path breaking. It optimizes across the entire spectrum (20-20) in level, time delay and phase. I have listened to the Meridian Room Correction, Dirac and Audessey, and I can honestly say that the Trinnov blows them all away. As a friend remarked - Room, Cabling, even Speakers are becoming irrelevant because powerful DSP is overcoming the shortcomings of everything else in the chain.

Am in Chennai and happy to host anyone who wants to give it a listen.

Shankar

Trinnov is sold by Audire. A word of appreciation for some truly tremendous support setting it up.

Its great to have such a beautiful system. I have heard many good things about Trinnov ..Love to audition once..I'm living in Chennai .Hope soon shall meet u.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back