Tripath

kaushik

kit TA2020 + trafo =2.7k
cabbie is from inverter dealer , connectors Mx ,Elcom IEC

Just added maple front
tripath.jpg

tripath2.jpg

back plate got weired fit..front led i will add soon.

will sand front for final finish

Last edited:
Enclosure looks good but what about the innards. More pics required.
It would have looked even better if you had extended the wooded front plate over the metal edges of the sides by atleast 5mm. Black spray paint / powder coating of the metal will be cool.

This unit has low noise linear supply,nichicon 16000uF total cap ,small RC .......... EI transformer[specially made].Yet to add a fusetoo.....

inside messy wiring
innertripath.jpg

neat connectors outside
innertripath3.jpg

A look at tiny tripath/.... the PSU is on duct tape another pending work
innertripath2.jpg

Last edited:
yes black paint is on the list,carpenter remains busy so did what i could,the housing gap will be hidden by rubber seal.

Last edited:
Hi,
Nice looking enclosure.I am also converting my damaged Pioneer CD player into B1 enclosure with wooden faceplate.

Regards,
Sachin

thanks ,happy for the build so far in tight budget ..sounds very good,Argen Helder kit is just ultimate

I also suggest you mount the power supply on those brass l plastic mounting screws. Will look cleaner, cooler and safer that tape. The cheapest solution is to cut sketch pen bodies into >1 cm long pieces and then use 1/2 inch to inch nut bolts to air mount the PCB.

Thanks all, after pushing myself hard i have reached this far ,my bad habit is at one go if i dont finish it remains pending week after week ,
@Audiodoc I know about insulated spacer mounting ,the Tripath kit is mounted on spacers , there was time shortage for PSU unit , had to test it it was night 3AM.....
As I had to give the unit after full fitting to carpenter exactly at 10am in the morning.
However the power LED was fixed.
TBD :

Neat wiring ,signal inputs to be replaced with shielded cables , may be a passive pre ./ lightspeed attenuator,mounting PSU on spacers .

@t.antony I am avoiding the carbon pot,planning for light speed attenuator in a separate box.

Last edited:
Thanks all, after pushing myself hard i have reached this far ,my bad habit is at one go if i dont finish it remains pending week after week ,
@Audiodoc I know about insulated spacer mounting ,the Tripath kit is mounted on spacers , there was time shortage for PSU unit , had to test it it was night 3AM.....
As I had to give the unit after full fitting to carpenter exactly at 10am in the morning.
However the power LED was fixed.
TBD :

Neat wiring ,signal inputs to be replaced with shielded cables , may be a passive pre ./ lightspeed attenuator,mounting PSU on spacers .

@t.antony I am avoiding the carbon pot,planning for light speed attenuator in a separate box.

Hi Kaushik,
We have a GB of lightspeed attenuator,http://www.hifivision.com/diy/21036-pass-b1-12.html let me know if you need PCb for the same.

Regards,
Sachin

thanks for the offer,pcbs i can do at home,GB here in HFV are head pain after 10,000 questions , people pay 200Rs for a PCB ,1000Rs for full kit...i hate to wait , may be if u have the OPTOs i will pick

but that lightspeed pcb is too minimal.. where are the voltage regulators etc ? I have seen some better versions...with multiple regulators

but that lightspeed pcb is too minimal..
That was intentionally done. You can see we have chosen DC PS. So onboard PS will receive that from external PCB which we are in making (not published here yet).
voltage regulators etc ? I have seen some better versions...with multiple regulators
Anyway voltages are required for light control ckt of LDR and not for audio link. So it does not matter here. Still overall PS will be better.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back