• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Tube Preamp suggestions to go with QUAD 306 power amp

jmascreen

As the title suggest I am looking for suggestions for tube preamp around a budget of 30K to go with my quad 306 which is in a biamped configuration.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

SachinChavan

Have you considered Lyrita DHT? It’s well-regarded and at reasonable price (if you can extend the budget to 40k, or get deals on preowned - they keep coming on the forum). It works well in tandem with my Audiolab. You can check with Virenji on compatibility with your vintage Quad. He could also customise where necessary and possible.

jmascreen

Thanks for the suggestion Sachin, will get in touch with him.
Is there a hum/hiss comes with lyrita DHT?

jai1611

The DHT preamp is very good. However, do check the input impedance of your power amp for matching. The preamp has a volume control at the output, implying a high output impedance of around 5k ohms. This can be changed if you're buying a new one and plan to use with a low impedance power amp

SachinChavan

Thanks for the suggestion Sachin, will get in touch with him.
Is there a hum/hiss comes with lyrita DHT?
I haven’t experienced any, been using for a year now. But do check with more users. Is that a known/documented issue with the DHTs?

SPONSORED ADS