Tube source in India.

sudhirdamerla

Any reliable source for Vacuum Tubes in India you guys recommend? Im looking to buy a pair (matched) JAN GE 5670. I know the USA is the preferred source but with the present situation it looks highly unlikely for the next 3-4 months.

Just recently came across a seller on eBay with the moniker totempole_999, based in Bombay, who has a mind-boggling collection of valves - some 300,000, he says, including many legendary NOS models. He also has 100% feedback, so his stuff must be genuine and reliable. Not cheap, but often at prices lower than those of sellers based abroad.

Sample listing:

Last year I found father daughter due selling tubes on ebay. I'm not sure but their ebay id was bajrang Bali. They were from Agra I guess.

Daughter deals with the customers and she told me that her father collected all these tubes from army dumps where they just use these once and then throw.
I bought one pair and it was quite cheap. I can give you her mobile number if you want

There is another guy Rizwan whose contact I got from this forum. His tubes are expensive btw.

Last year I found father daughter due selling tubes on ebay. I'm not sure but their ebay id was bajrang Bali. They were from Agra I guess.

Daughter deals with the customers and she told me that her father collected all these tubes from army dumps where they just use these once and then throw.
I bought one pair and it was quite cheap. I can give you her mobile number if you want

There is another guy Rizwan whose contact I got from this forum. His tubes are expensive btw.
Thank you! Please do PM their numbers please!!

Please could you provide me with the contact number of the daughter. I wish to collect old valves for my personal use

Shridhar, Bangalore, India
29-10-2020

GM Mahi,
My valves looks like original Bel (India). I have not tested it though as My Radio on/off control has turned intermittent. Also My EM84 socket needs to be replaced pobably along with some capacitors. I am also planning to make on/off switch for this signal indicator valve. As these valves (fluorescent) easily go out of service with constant use. So will take time to test. I have tried to capture lable marks of the valve. from that point of view they look original. The Boxes are new and someone must have imported boxes which are easily available in 'foreign' markets.

If you are worried about Cleartop which in some valve indicates the valve has lost its vacuum it is Not so. Some cheap unimportant valves had no 'Getter' process. which marks the valve black on top.
However I will update once I fit the valve in my radio.

Regards
label.jpg

GM Mahi,
My valves looks like original Bel (India). I have not tested it though as My Radio on/off control has turned intermittent. Also My EM84 socket needs to be replaced pobably along with some capacitors. I am also planning to make on/off switch for this signal indicator valve. As these valves (fluorescent) easily go out of service with constant use. So will take time to test. I have tried to capture lable marks of the valve. from that point of view they look original. The Boxes are new and someone must have imported boxes which are easily available in 'foreign' markets.

If you are worried about Cleartop which in some valve indicates the valve has lost its vacuum it is Not so. Some cheap unimportant valves had no 'Getter' process. which marks the valve black on top.
However I will update once I fit the valve in my radio.

Regards
View attachment 51488
Hi
Would like to know the quality of the valves. Have you used them yet?

Hi
Would like to know the quality of the valves. Have you used them yet?
GM MM29,
Procrastination, Overthinking and laziness are my inherent qualities. :p:D

I have not tested the valves. But they seem OK. Reason for not testing being, the original magic eye valve socket was broken so had superglued (God bless feviquick) it and old valve is kept in use. Removing it would probably disintegrate the fiber socket. So i need to draw wires connections etc. probably remove the whole chassis and test it. A little hectic life is not helping either. But I will surely update.
Have a nice day
regards

GM MM29,
Procrastination, Overthinking and laziness are my inherent qualities. :p:D

I have not tested the valves. But they seem OK. Reason for not testing being, the original magic eye valve socket was broken so had superglued (God bless feviquick) it and old valve is kept in use. Removing it would probably disintegrate the fiber socket. So i need to draw wires connections etc. probably remove the whole chassis and test it. A little hectic life is not helping either. But I will surely update.
Have a nice day
regards
Yes, this work from home and all day at the service of office is killing me too:confused:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back