Tubes..an addiction! Qinpu A6000 MKII tube amplifier with 6N3 tubes review

pras123

qinpu A6000 MK II review
mmufj5.jpg

r9249i.jpg

24v74ev.jpg

-for the first time in my life i can hear clappings in a song so distinct, altogether a different sound to explore from qinpu, right now my set up is the tube amplifier with my HP 1015 TX laptop with 24 bit/192KHz sound setting in windows vista home premium and the speakers are Edifier C3 component system. i prefer jetaudio with MPEG audio decoder set to 32 bit fixed point decoder.
f714g.jpg

for those unaware of edifier,, its an canadian company, with assembly factory in china, has amazing amazing products.

15eiiya.jpg

2q39fkh.jpg

23jptzo.jpg

Its amazing how a SNR ratio >= 80db (A-weighted) system can refine the music so clear that everything is distinct even from a MP3 file, though i hardly have 128kbps files, majority files i have are 224 kbps n above, usually 320 kbps, and the nice recordings are FLACs.
For sound quality.... i can just point out that how many of you can hear the slight violin in the background when Lata takes alaap ?? high frequencies are so melodiously rendered that you cant expect that from a 15k amplifier ! complete orchestra is clearly distinct n melodious !
i think the highlight for me is the mids n high frequency handling by the amplifier. you can also hear the slight guitar behind the beats !! it is that
defined..amazing! (just at 15k!)
i got what i paid for...i wanted a different sounding yet melodious system from my now existing Cambridge audio Azur 640A !
Please note that it my first day with the amplifier, n it has to get burn in for
one week atleast i guess for a pro review ! but i guess the bass is too much for me right now, yess bass freaks !! bass IS there ! n how nice it sounds !
i cant just let lata stop singing in my room now,,, WoW!
For starters, i can just say, that with a tube amplifier you Listen to what n HOW they are singing !!, a world of melody where music actually accompanies singing !
Also you can listen their leaving notes, i mean when they leave a vocal extension at the end of the line !!!!!! so amazing for me n i know what the classical lovers are thinking! you are bound to listen new sounds inside the same songs you have loved so much before, if not then atleast you WILL notice the distinctness of playing the same instruments through this amplifier!
even if this is not observed then i can Guarantee lots n lots of additional notes that you have never heard inside your favourite song before !!

kcbj3p.jpg

2unubyt.jpg

rbb51e.jpg

6sdy83.jpg

Also the A6000 MK II has a torroidal transformer, which accounts for clean 16.5 W of speaker outs.
Also, qinpu bundled an OFC connector with the amplifier which is a great value addition! I really expected tubes to glow bright, but the 6N3 tubes are really really dim, i hope it is not aged, or any gas leak, all i can see inside tubes are two dim points of glow, i hope anyone can please comment on tube glow. its really dim even at night n dark room,
Also can anyone please guide me for tube rolling options for 6N3 tubes??
For build quality, all i can say is that this is chinese. it feels solid n sturdy n
heavy (5.6kgs) but there is always a sense of fragile behavior by chinese
products, but since they have used some very fine components.. it performs
amazingly well (in sound signature)!! the input selector knob is real comedy, as it doesn't really point to cd/DVD select place, but since there are 3 positions only, so u can think it is showing to cd/DVD, he he he !! Volume knob is again very smooth n boring, its really funny for me to use it, he he he!, though the amplifier is pretty powerful n goes very high in volume (for a tube amp, ofcourse!).

16kxf14.jpg

swzozc.jpg

1nyzxg.jpg

jubsr8.jpg

nv8aq0.jpg

A word about Amarbir ! He is an indian in online retailing/dealership, also he is
punjabi ! so what you get with this?? an indian (reliable for us) + a punjabi (they put their heart.. into their business) ! he's prompt, n ships fast, if it is in stock, n you will be having the thing within 5 days anywhere in india.
All kudos to him for bringing a versatile market to online shopping in india, for
folks like us who cant go shopping to metros for rare items n brands like
musiland!!
No offense to his representatives aseem n bindu, but i can't understand why they always keep referring to amarbir, even for tracking ids of consignment?
but i advise you that try to go for available stock, as Amarbir has to face lot of issues with the customs and import related matters like international shipment lost in transit, etc. which further causes delay in delivery.
;)
all n all, gone are the days when i used to hate MP3s ! Qinpu has opened a new area for me to explore with new definition in mids n highs!
Qinpu A6000 MKII makes for an excellent pre-amp, but as a separate amplifier, i think there are some issues with high volumes, i'll comment on it after burn-in period.
Also, you will get what you should get for 15k rupees, n IMO performs more than 15k amp, keep that in mind! else go buy a 45k tube amplifier my dear fella!

just reserving space for review after burn-in.

fully excited and turgid after hearing about qinpu -

what are the items readily available? - i am asking so as not to cause troubles to amarbir and get delivery fastly.

please give the quick reply

hi jingle pras 123,

now, i am getting heavy doubt as to why not you are related to mister panjabi - meaning brother-sister or brother-brother or uncle-cousin or sister-nephew or like that only.

but then i am getting heavy thought that why mr. kerala is relativity to mr panjabi? - then i am thinking - are you mr. panjabi getting resided in keralam?
or you are marring into amarbira's family trees? - i am thinking - you are marring to amarbira's brother or sister like panjabi kudiya - those akhon wali are wonderful mere yaar! hai hai!!

anyway - you can clear up the situation like butter becomes ghee.

Suri,
I think pras123 has been around for sometime now, though you may get other ideas what with the recent spate of events and this thread which strengthens Amarbirs service record! The OP will hopefully clear it up.

Pras 123, Good to know you are happy with your new purchase and even better to that shipping to Kozhikode took only 5 days. So what did you do with SS amp?

hi iaudio,

thanks for clearing that up - i really thought pras 123 was riding shotgun with amarbir!:)

regds

Suri, No probs! I know that you have only the best intentions in mind.

George, thats a good suggestion! Suri, would you be able to do that if pras123 is willing?

pras123, The pics leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
George, thats a good suggestion! Suri, would you be able to do that if pras123 is willing?

sure thing, iaudio! - we'll make it together and then you come on over to kannur before you head back to cochin

hi suri !
your quick reply shows that you have an edge for tube sound, Amarbir has been very quick to reply n assist online, or you can directly call him, he's is having all qinpu material in ready stock,
i am related to Amarbir as i am related to kerala, i am basically from chhattisgarh, n studying in kerala @NIT Calicut.
i have loved kerala soo much, but here retailing is bad for branded items, that too rare brands, so Amarbir comes as a relief for me, as i keep experimenting with sound. not even kerala, but all over india i believe that we are deprived of variety of amazing brands, as local vendors are unwilling n profit minded, i think Amarbir has proved that there is great market for fine materials n indians are ready to pay if they get reliable service for an amazing product!
Amarbir has been a nice guy to deal with, n i think we need more guys like Amarbir, who dare to import some extraordinary brands from all over the world n deliver it to your doorsteps!

hey iaudio!
how u doing man!? i got my edifier shipped from cochin itself, you can check out its amazing speakers, really fantastic for money they are priced, n great value addition to your PC, HT etc. if you want i can give you the number of the guy, he's in ernakulam.
Also, number of days actually depends on the shipping day itself, if its a weekend, then it might get 3-4 days to reach your city, else basically you can expect 2-3 days, Amarbir is shipping with DTDC, n i opted for insured Air shipping that cost me Rs.340/- for a 6Kg shipment.
My SS amplifier is at home in chhattisgarh, n i am pretty confident that qinpu will be a great great value addition pre-amp for that, i'll be going home later this month n i'll post my findings, although cambridge audio is also very fluid like sounding amp.
yes dear, i dont have a digi-cam with me now, so just took best possible pictures with my Sony PSP add-on cam.

All Kerala guys are heartly welcome to audition the amplifier at my room, it would be nice if you can bring some malayalam songs with you, preferably your favourites so that you can be amazed with the clarity of Qinpu n hear new notes inside same song.
i'ld love to hear malayalam songs as i think they are very melodious n classical based, also i am very interested in listening to cultural influences too !
Altogather, tubes define the treble in such a way that you 'll go mystic!!

Last edited:
Suri,, you made a mistake on Pras findings... Clearly he is inclined towards amarbir since heenjoyed his service and he never went wrong. We cannot judge with one mistake / as like i am enjoying Vpost.

So to compensate that kindly make a visit to calicut and have audition of Quinpu for benifit of our Hifi members.

Last edited:
Well ,
Please Reduce and Resize the Images ,There Is No Method In Hifivision To Resize them ,I will Tell the Moderator What I Do In My Forums On a PM ,If You Put In My Forum They Will Resize There ,though I Have Already Requested It ,Why Not Add some Images I Had Send You Here ? .

Suri, YGPM

Pras, So you are studying at NIT eh? Nice. I am in Cochin itself. I have been hearing good things about Edifier speakers. But when I heard a set of speakers( dont recall the model) many years back., the sound and build didnt impress me.

i've heard some edifier speakers , some entry level 2.1 setup, they were decidedly superior to the comparable offering from Creative, but are definitely not a hi-fi product.

Suri, YGPM

Pras, So you are studying at NIT eh? Nice. I am in Cochin itself. I have been hearing good things about Edifier speakers. But when I heard a set of speakers( dont recall the model) many years back., the sound and build didnt impress me.

@srinisundar: either you can keep 15k in your account n receive interest, or you can buy a tube amp n soothen your soul with melody! if you say that i am inclined towards service n availability n variety of offerings for products i purchase, then yes i am inclined towards Amarbir.
can you please tell me any links which sell tube amps under 15k?? or even 20k??

@psychotropic: yes its not a hi-fi, but do you expect that from a 4.5k 2.1 component system, !? its for my PC n just believe if this amp can do these results with such a low end system...then what can it can do with your 45k system??

@iaudio: dear dear dear! please make a trip to my room, i'll change your belief about edifier, i had been using it for more than a year n half, but you will never think of creative n logitech for PC. Ofcourse, listening perceptions differs alot but with your name IAUDIO, i guess you have too much similar sound taste n priorities like me. you know, every edifier product is very complete in accessories n connections are amazingly finished, also finishing of the product is world class. Especially their sub-woofers are to drool for!!

hey everyone! its high time you SS people,,, switch to/ or add a 15k tube amp, any brand(...he he he that you can get dear), n enjoy complete sound!!
its the safest risk you have ever taken!

Pras,
If you read my post again, what I said is I have been hearing a lot of good things about Edifier. But the model I came across( maybe one of their bad ones) a while back wasnt too good.
From what I hear it s preferred second only to Altec Lansing these days. So the stuff must be good as compact speakers.

sorry no more comments who doesn't understand properly or follow the forum in brief.. thanks

@srinisundar: either you can keep 15k in your account n receive interest, or you can buy a tube amp n soothen your soul with melody! if you say that i am inclined towards service n availability n variety of offerings for products i purchase, then yes i am inclined towards Amarbir.
can you please tell me any links which sell tube amps under 15k?? or even 20k??

@psychotropic: yes its not a hi-fi, but do you expect that from a 4.5k 2.1 component system, !? its for my PC n just believe if this amp can do these results with such a low end system...then what can it can do with your 45k system??

@iaudio: dear dear dear! please make a trip to my room, i'll change your belief about edifier, i had been using it for more than a year n half, but you will never think of creative n logitech for PC. Ofcourse, listening perceptions differs alot but with your name IAUDIO, i guess you have too much similar sound taste n priorities like me. you know, every edifier product is very complete in accessories n connections are amazingly finished, also finishing of the product is world class. Especially their sub-woofers are to drool for!!

hey everyone! its high time you SS people,,, switch to/ or add a 15k tube amp, any brand(...he he he that you can get dear), n enjoy complete sound!!
its the safest risk you have ever taken!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back