Turntable service centre in Chennai

pksnathan

Friends,
I am in need of servicing my TT.Is there a good service centre or technicians in Chennai?I have contacted the various lesds provided by our friends in our forum but of no avail.I solicit our friends to please help me in this matter.
Thanking you,
Sincerely,
pksnathan

you could try Power Electronics Owner is Thankachan. He ought to be able to do it for you. The address is Power Electronic Industries
No: 4, Seeyaliamman,
Koil Street, Mount Road
Chennai - 600 002 (Tamil Nadu) India
Phone(s) : +91-44-28587256/28414815

you could try Power Electronics Owner is Thankachan. He ought to be able to do it for you. The address is Power Electronic Industries
No: 4, Seeyaliamman,
Koil Street, Mount Road
Chennai - 600 002 (Tamil Nadu) India
Phone(s) : +91-44-28587256/28414815

Friend,
I thank you for your reply in response to my query.I have contacted Power Electronics earlier and they informed me that they undertake service of only imported audio and video equipments.
Thanking you,
Sincerely,
pksnathan

You can contact Mr. Sayeed who has his workshop in "Philips Arena" in Augurchand Mansion, diagonally opposite to Spencer Plaza.

Thank you Captain for your kind help.I shall get in touch with Mr.Sayeed personally.
Thanking you,
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Any further experience, information or feedback on this question?

I am digitising some more LPs. It is unlikely that TT will ever again be a part of my every-day audio system, so I do not want to invest in new equipment. My TT is nothing special, a Dual CS505-3. It has some emotional value as having been a leaving present from a company where I worked for 16 years --- and by that, I can date it as being around twenty years old! That means that there is probably the fur of several cats inside the works.

It runs, and seems to do so at the correct speed, but it is sluggish to start, and easy to stop with a little finger pressure.

It runs, and seems to do so at the correct speed, but it is sluggish to start, and easy to stop with a little finger pressure.

From the sounds of it, looks like your turntable's belt has stretched and is a bit loose. Nevertheless, your turntable is a classic and deserves to remain on your rack, playing your good ol' records. When you have the originals, why make digital copies (unless you want to listen to the music in your car :) )

http://dual-reference.com/Adverts/cs505-3.pdf

Btw, which company did you work for (if I may ask) and when was this? I would have loved to get such a parting gift :)

Last edited:
Yes, I think it is worth servicing, and extending its life --- although I'm afraid that the daily listening has been digital for a while now, and is going to be in the future. Thus, the turntable is in connection to the PC, rather than the amp. I've even ordered a new phono stage for the task, which will probably go on, just doing a couple of albums when I feel like it, for a long time.

My kind employer, by the way, were a British greeting card company. I had been there for 16 years, and it was rather like family, but yes, a leaving present from management was an unexpected pleasure!

So I still need my TT serviced ... :)

Last edited:
Hi Thad,

From the Specs your TT seems to be a good performer. What Cartridge are you using. Its always better to keep your TT in working condition to have a taste of analog sound in between. However if you need any help in digitizing your vinyl, you can always PM me.

N.Murali

The cartridge as the stock cartridge --- and I hope they stylus isn't that old too, but it might be. Spent a good few years unused though, so hadn't had that much wear.

Your posts have already been a help in the digitising procedure :) --- I just wish for a TT engineer now!

I think that the deck is at the better end of the consumer level. I believe that earlier Dual decks were said to be better. I do not intend to change it, as long as it works, but if I ever did, I would go for entry level of the Pro-Ject range.

My new pre-amp has been despatched. Let's hope that customs just wave it through! I don't mind the duty, but don't want the delay.

Guys,

Any luck in finding a good tt service guy. I need some help on my cartridge mount. Currently the wires are soldered on to the existing cartridge. I want to get a standard mount fitted so that I can easily change my carts.

B rgds,
Raj.

WoW Thad, nice play on words with your handle! Is that really your name or a made up handle from carnatic music? Pretty sure its latter.

I have just received the first lot of 40 odd LPs from the US (ref: my other thread on shipping LPs from the US) thanks to a sweet friend of mine.
Also received a Grado Prestige Blue Cart and 2 pieces of the Shure M97xE (got two pieces as risk mitigation given the bad QC)

So now i am all excited and have no way of fixing my TT with a standard mount to try out the carts and of play sweet vinyl music.

Any pointers guys on what i can do?

Hi Rajagopal,

What help do you want? Whats the headshell type, is it removable? what's the TT model, do you have spare headshells to mount your new cartridges?
Pl post photo, so that we can help you.

N.Murali

Last edited:
rajagopal_j, yes, it is made up, and it came to me in mridangam class --- and it is amazing how many people, even South Indian people, don't realise that! :)

Hi Rajagopal,

What help do you want? Whats the headshell type, is it removable? what's the TT model, do you have spare headshells to mount your new cartridges?
Pl post photo, so that we can help you.

N.Murali

I need to check if the headshell is removable. The TT is a Cosmic Cogram 2000. I dont think the headshell and the cartridge are originals. The headshell has a single centre screw to hold some kind of adapter which has the two holes onto which the cartridge can be mounted. The current cart is super glued onto this adapter (problem 1)

The second problem is that the wires coming out of the tonearm are directly soldered onto the cartridge. What I want to do is to terminate the wires into a proper mount which will allow me to plug on and plug off cartridges and the only pain part for me will be to counter balance and anti skate.

I am at the moment in Tirunelveli for some work and should be back in chennai in a day or two, I will post pictures as soon as I get back.

Hi
I am from Chennai too I bought a lenco 3866 The tuntable needs some minor repair any luck with finding a good service centre
Pratik sen

Hi
I am from Chennai too I bought a lenco 3866 The tuntable needs some minor repair any luck with finding a good service centre
Pratik sen

Syed from the electronics service company (Philips arena), mount road should be able to help. PM me for contact details.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back