TV ad/What kind of scam is this?

Vinod.R

I registered at Click.in and emailed one of the ads in the paper for the purchase of a TV: See the response I got!!!

IS THIS A SCAM? ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO FIND OUT?

Here is the response to my ad for a TV in verbatim:

Dear Sir/Ma :

Have a nice day!

Your Quotation :

For 1 Unit Of LG 42LN5300 42-Inch 1080p 600Hz Direct LED HDTV Value Bundle Cost : Rs 15,000

Our company is wholesaling 100% Original & Genuine & Brand New Products.

Warranty: 1-Year International Warranty

Delivery Times: 24 hours after your successful payment

Delivery Terms: DHL/FedEx/EMS/UPS/TNT (Door to Door Service)

Payment Terms: We Accept Payment Through Our India Local Bank to Bank Account Through Icici , Sbi , Axis & Hdfc Banks for fast delivery of your Order in 48 Hours(2 Days).

Return Policy: Returns are accepted within 30 days of purchase, for exchange or refund,We pay all shipping costs.

We are fully base and located in UK..We Ship Through DHL Shipping Company and delivery takes just 48 Hours(2 Days) to deliver to your doorstep without any Problem after your payment confirmation.....

To Place An Order ,Kindly get back to us with your full shipping name and address so that we can Proceed with the packaging and labeling of your order with the shipping company as well to ready for the next shipment.

YOUR FULL NAME:

YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS:

YOUR CITY:

YOUR STATE:

ZIP CODE:

PRODUCT

YOUR PHONE NUMBER:

HOW MANY UNIT YOU ARE BUYING:

COLOR:

Best Regards and God Bless

WILLIAMS CARTER

SALES MANAGER

(+44)7053845539 , (+44)7053845541 , (+44)7053862179

SKYPE ID : iam_williams.carter

GTALK : [email protected]

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 9:29 PM, _________ @hotmail.com <[email protected]> wrote:

To ensure delivery of emails from Click.in please add [email protected] to your contact details or Address Book

logo
Response to your classified ad [ LG 42LN5300 42-Inch 1080p 600Hz Direct LED HDTV Value Bundle ].
Response details:
Email Id - _____ @hotmail.com
Message - Hello William Carter,
Have any plasmas on offer? What if I wanted only the LG LED TV without the offer bundle, what would be the price? Regards, Vinod
Details of your classified ad:
City: Hyderabad & Secunderabad
Category: TV, LCD, LED
Title: LG 42LN5300 42-Inch 1080p 600Hz Direct LED HDTV Value Bundle
Price: Rs. 15,000 (negotiable)
Type: LED

What do you guys think? Scam I guess?!?

Looks like you contacted a classified ad right?
It is a scam. I can tell you by the mere looks of it.
"We are fully base and located in UK..We Ship Through DHL Shipping Company and delivery takes just 48 Hours(2 Days) to deliver to your doorstep without any Problem after your payment confirmation" - This wont happen, and considering the company is so called located in UK. There is no way you would be able to lodge anything against them where you could get a proper refund.

Thanks guys, I thought it was a scam too. Anyway we can call their bluff without putting up our money :)? Maybe ask them COD? :)

I know these styles. Once I contacted similar/same seller through ad. Then asked about their postal address in UK. Then tracked down them, that was false address of hotel. Knowing that I insisted in person collection of goods and payment. ;). Initially they tried to persuade me for payment first and delivery at address. I stopped at - in person collection of goods and payment, period. Then no response from that side. They might have deleted my TP email address used for that communication. :D

I know these styles. Once I contacted similar/same seller through ad. Then asked about their postal address in UK. Then tracked down them, that was false address of hotel. Knowing that I insisted in person collection of goods and payment. ;). Initially they tried to persuade me for payment first and delivery at address. I stopped at - in person collection of goods and payment, period. Then no response from that side. They might have deleted my TP email address used for that communication. :D

Got it thanks Omishra, what should I do now? Any suggestions how I go about it?

Ignore completely. Why do you want to waste your time? You know for sure that it's a scam so there's no chance of COD, so why waste your precious time!

There's no free lunch EVER !!

I don't think you should be even thinking about anything!

One look at this and you know its a clear Scam. Sometimes just looking at the AD clearly tells you its a scam and don't even need to bother contacting the seller.

Actually these guys offered me new Technics 1200 MKII TT for Rs 30K out of their Mumbai dealer while it was selling new on Amazon for $800 USD. No Mumbai dealer address provided, but "we are UK based company" repeated. And deal was tempting enough to spend time.

Actually these guys offered me new Technics 1200 MKII TT for Rs 30K out of their Mumbai dealer while it was selling new on Amazon for $800 USD. No Mumbai dealer address provided, but "we are UK based company" repeated. And deal was tempting enough to spend time.

I am going to email them telling COD and let me see what they say :D. Will let you guys know.....

This is not just simple scam this is looks like a organised one must be collected data from some right source who must be tracking the ID of the people who search for audio/video equipment on net. Than target those ID. For common people mean to say not audiophile this kind of model they offer means no big deal.:rolleyes:

There are many ads on OLX and Quikr too, which are listed at very less price than market (this is just to attract the people). Once I have found an ad of Yamaha A-S1000 @40K However it's actual cost was above 1 lac. I was aware it is scam but I contacted to seller and he told me to make the payment and they will ship the item after the payment confirmation. Then I replied and asked them to list that item on ebay and also agreed to pay the ebay fee. But after that heard nothing from them.

Just for an update, I asked if COD is available. I got a cryptic reply "NO COD".

Then I get three mails one after the other: :)

1) NO COD

2) THE ONLY WAY IS THAT YOU CAN ONLY PAY HALF DEPOSIT INITIALLY THEN AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR ORDER THEN YOU WILL BALANCE US THE REMAINING HALF DEPOSIT ...

REGARDS

3) IF YOU AGREE THEN REPLY

See the language used, a genuine UK seller would never use such diction in his email replies, a sure scam!!!

Just for an update, I asked if COD is available. I got a cryptic reply "NO COD".

Then I get three mails one after the other: :)

1) NO COD

2) THE ONLY WAY IS THAT YOU CAN ONLY PAY HALF DEPOSIT INITIALLY THEN AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR ORDER THEN YOU WILL BALANCE US THE REMAINING HALF DEPOSIT ...

REGARDS

3) IF YOU AGREE THEN REPLY

See the language used, a genuine UK seller would never use such diction in his email replies, a sure scam!!!

True, just want to share a thing. I have received an email today and here is the email content.
Subject : Greetings

Greetings,

My name is Dr.John Atwood, I'm a Medical practitioner from Houston, Texas, U.S working and residing with My family here in Bristol, UK. I feel obliged writing this mail to you. Do accept my apology if this mail does not suit your personal or business ethics considering the fact that there wasn't an earlier information regarding my mail.

I'm establishing direct communication with you soliciting for your assistance and co-operation in a business transaction involving $5M USD ($5,000,000.00 USD) hoping that you will contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can do this together to a common end.
Having established this communication, If you can be trusted, I am interested to embark on a business investment with the above sum in your country. At the moment, I'm compelled not to issue more details about this business investment until your positive response is received. Please take a moment of your time schedule to read this and send your response. Stay well and keep me posted.

Thank you for your time and attention.
Warmest Regards,

Dr. John Atwood.

Hi Prepress,

I keep getting these type of emails all the time in my junk folder. At least 20 of them per week. Call them "NIGERIA SCAMS".

Just look and delete them there and then!

Hi Prepress,

I keep getting these type of emails all the time in my junk folder. At least 20 of them per week. Call them "NIGERIA SCAMS".

Just look and delete them there and then!

Ohh yes, looking at my email in my junk folder, I am missing these opportunities of being multi milliner from many years. :p;)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back